Box of goodies

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by CoppellStereo, Oct 13, 2004.

1. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I got a box of goodies today

2. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

what kind of cranks are those? and are they isis? also how cheap are they. thanks :-D

I'm in dire need of new cranks, i have some deore ones that are holding up fine but the shimano spline bb's just suck... i want something rock solid.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

those are fsa v-drives. isis. cheap but durable.

that rear hub looks scary.

4. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

5. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Good stuff, but the hub is definately shady.

6. digby

digby New Member

return that spoke wrench immediatly! Those triangle things are peices of crap. figure out what nipple size you have and get a normal spoke wrench for it.

7. nidoss

nidoss Guest

Sweet dude, Ive started to get boxes of parts in the mail as well. Hopefully by mid next week ill have all the parts minus the frame.

Im building up a BT raven 5.0 also. I guess they are real popular. For a stem i went with the 100mm by 15 degree rise, i wasnt real sure what to get either, but i had a 100mm on my old bike so i decided might as well get that and if i dont like it ill get a new one.
    What size BB are you using? I have a 118mm, and im starting to worry that it will not be wide enough to fit my cranks on it.

8. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

yeah the rear hub is a silent clutch, it is my temp hub till i get a king :)

9. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I got a 128mm BB. It's a Truvativ GigaPipe Team DH, it looks pretty beefy. How big is your bashguard?

10. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Mmmm early Christmas :)

11. TTownJon

TTownJon New Member

I hope you arent planning on using a trials bash on the v drives. I had to cut a section out of my truvative 22t max to make it fit. The second week I had mine the pedal threads stripped (they were tight) on the non drive side. I sent them in and they had me a new one in 4 days. Good customer service.

Im # 3 on the raven 5.0 band wagon. I was looking for a bb the right size the onther night, did you get that one from webcyclery?

Jonathan

12. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I got a Granny God bash, so its not really a trials one. I didnt get it from Webcyclery, I got it from the shop here in town, but it feels really smooth, even though its not on the frame or anything

13. nidoss

nidoss Guest

i decided to get the bonz crankset, so it has the built in bash guard. Im not real sure how big it is. Im going to have a 20t ring on the front.

14. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

yeah, i almost got the new bonz, but i wanted to see how i like having a real trials frame before i buy stuff that is crazy expensive, you shouldnt have clearance issues with the bonz, i think the bash is the size of a 22t ring.

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Looks like some ghetto stuff :eek:

16. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

thanks i know, ghetto is the only way go :bigthumb:

17. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

hey, I've been there, almost the same setup too, back in the days of my 18"er. Double chainrings so I could get to work on my bike during the summer, and then trialsin all afternoon around uni and city centre. Those were the days. Simplicity leaves more room for enjoyability.

- Joel