Bouncing in one spot - any tips?

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by maciekzw, Apr 8, 2004.

1. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

2. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Yes, bounce more. :joshers: LOL :D

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Damn.....you move alot...but shit...I wish I could stay up there that long....

4. Yoda

Yoda They see me rollin'

That's a good start. Like oicdn said, keep practicing to where your movements become more subtle and you can stay in one spot. If you focus on that it will help your balance. Then throw some pedal kicks in there and you'll be well on your way.

5. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

hips and such. rock them back and forth to shift your weight, and get to the balance point and stay there. if youre falling back, try to just bring your hips towards the stem instead of just doing a big huge hop backwards, and if youre falling fowrad, just lean back over the rear wheel more. use your knees to keep the side to side balance in check. just keep practicing that. you'll get to the point where you'll be able to do them until your hands cant grip the brake anymore.

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

good job, it looks like you are still getting used to the bike. just kkeep practicing you'll get better soon, and just do little hops not big ones.

7. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

take more tyre pressure out, rather then you jumping up and down, try to stay in the same spot and move only the bike up and down. i havnt seen your vid. 10psi makes rear hops effortless.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

10psi is for fags.

9. cck

cck Member

i would reccomend practicing brakeless hopping on a up hill slope, as seen in kevin and andrew's vids. At first its scarry and sketchy. Once you semi decent at that, you'll be amazed at how easy hopping around regular is. you can just balance without even moving. :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :drool:

edit: i love watching the tounges go around in unison.

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

10. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Yes, I do move around quite a bit and having the new bike for only 5/6 days... I'm still getting used to it. It's a huge difference from my stock "mountain bike" Kona Scab.

Right now I have about 25psi in my rear tire. I don't know if I wanna take anymore air out, even tho I know it would probably help. First time I went riding, I got a flat which has never happened with my old bike. I think I had 15psi when I got that flat so I pumped it up a bit. Keep in mind I am 225lbs :down: so that ain't making things easier for me either... :ugh2:

11. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Looks/seems like it's a lot of work, but I will definately try it. Thanks! :bigthumb:

12. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I've seen Andrew's videos, and the only thing is, compared to me, Andrew is a freakin' pro. He makes it look so easy... It's not fair damn it!!! :wtc:

13. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

can any of you guys manual? if you can, imagine the hip movements you do when you manual.

incorperate that with a stance as though you are sitting on the toilet, and you should get tonnes of control.

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I can't manual for shit...but I use my hips etc for balance like that when upping stuff, but I STILL can't seem to stay up long.

15. ty

ty Guest

looks like you are making tons of progress, were you posting on ridemonkey before here? i remember posting a reply to somthing about a scab and trials......

16. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

na you'll get the hang of it in no time. just keep your brakes on the whole time, no pedal kicks, and just move your hips with every hop to balance yourself out. its pretty simple, and it will help you later on when youre hopping on small objects like posts, small rocks etc.

17. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I may have... I can't remember now. Ever since my friend introduced me to this site I've been on here all the time :bigthumb:

18. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Thanks for the tip. I've been actually doing a lot better with my new bike. I'm getting better at distance as far as pedal hops go. I still don't have hight tho. I've been trying really hard. I can only get up on a small curb. But I guess hight takes a long time to perfect. :(

19. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Not to hijack the thread but so when most of you guys do rear hop in place, you guys are just bouncing without the pedal kicks? I can't seem to hop in one place without having to turn my rear wheel...

20. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I jump without the pedal kicks. Thanks to some of the tips some of these guys gave me I can stay longer on my bike now. Just bend my arms and legs a bit more. The only time I do a pedal kick is if I'm about to lose it then it kinda brings me back on my back wheel again and I have time to readjust my body and all and keep going.