bounce vs. pure vs. tibo

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by B-boy, Oct 26, 2004.

1. B-boy

B-boy New Member

Hey all, sorry for another 'which bike' thread, but i've done so much reading and just can't decide which I'd be best off with. I was hoping you guys might have some experience.

First, I'm 5'11", enjoy both urban and natural trials, I dont compete, but I'd guess I'm a decent sport level rider, I have a 400mm fork for it, and I DO want a seat AND magura mounts.

Out of the seated frames I've narrowed to a Pure (either the old 1060 or the new 1085), the Bounce, or the PX Tibo.

So, what i'd like to know is your guys' opinions on the following: Do you think at my height I'd be better off on the shorter ~1060 frames, or the 1085 Pure? If you think shorter, what feel could I expect from the higher BB/ steeper HA on the Tibo as opposed to the short pure or the bounce?

OR - is this stupid and I probably won't even be able to tell a difference between any of these frames?

Thanks for the input guys, its appreciated.

2. Ross

Ross New Member

For 5'11" I would say 1080 pure.

3. sterandall

sterandall Guest

if u have a shorter frame you would be able to throw it about more im the same height as u and a 1060 feels 2 long but if i wa 2 pik 1 of those frames id go 4 the px tibo

4. Genital Apparatus

Genital Apparatus I like dirt.

I was deciding between the same three frames you are now. I'm 5'8" and definitely didn't want to go with a 1085 'cause I'm so short. I went with the Tibo, I think it has 1050 wheelbase and +20 bb?

5. dookie

dookie Guest

I don't know about the other two frames, but the Tibo seat tube is bent, so if you plan on being able to raise/lower a seatpost for urban cruising, you'll have trouble on the Tibo!

6. B-boy

B-boy New Member

Ya, so is the bounce :( but its ok, I only need the seat for resting my ass during comutes to different riding spots

thanks to the other responses so far, the input is great!

7. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I don't know what kind of bike you are looking for. If you want a longer bike then the 1080 pure is the way to go. I have a tibo and it feels remarkably short because of the high BB. You might want to get a longer than normal stem. I'm short at about 5' 4" and I find it very comfortable.

8. hello?

hello? Guest

i have the same problem in looking for a frame. im 6'2, i would like to have a koxx or pure or pitbull somehting long but nowhere has them in stock in local bike shops and if they do i dont have $1000 for a koxx frame and stuff like that. what im thinking of doing is getting the tibo frame. it sounds like its gonna e kinda short for me but its the only one in an affordable price range. any suggestions on anything??

9. Elan

Elan steve french

i dont know what anybody else said, but 1080 pure.

i am 5'11 myself and ride a koxx lb which is 1077. does awesome for street and natural. and echos are very nice bikes also.

it all depends on what kind of riding you want to do. a long pure or a long koxx would be perfect for you im sure. the tibo is too short for anyone under 5'6 that wants to ride uci style pure trials.

might want to look at the new woodman t-pro, its $420 or somthing like that, and has the same geo as a pure/koxx lb.

10. hello?

hello? Guest

whats the woodman t pro? any pictures or sites? and where would i get a woodman and yes uci is exacly what im wanting to do so tibo would be too short eh. i doubt id be able to find anywhere that has woodman anyway, i cant find anywhere that has echo or zoo

11. Elan

Elan steve french

where do you live?

woodmancomponents.com

factionbike.com

webcyclery.com

thetrialsinshop.com

cleanbikes.co.uk

hbtrials.com ???

btbikes.com

bikedock.com (uk)

trialsin.com

canberratrials.com

thats all i can think of for trials sites. some one from one of those should be able to send yo au bike no matter where you live.

12. hello?

hello? Guest

I live in victoria British columbia so i dont want to ship it across the border. do you know if any of those sites are Canadian or of any? thanks.

13. B-boy

B-boy New Member

I'm from BC too man, thetrialsinshop.com is BC. Check it out.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm feeling a little more comfy with the idea of the long pure, it was my favourite looks wise and seat tube wise, so I'm glad to hear that it should fit me just fine!

14. B-boy

B-boy New Member

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference in feel between a bike like the pure with 71 HA, and a steeper one like Tibo at 73? I know what it does to DH bikes, but I can't seem to think of moves or situations it would affect in trials. :eek:

15. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I bike with the same wheelbase but different head angel will effect how the cockpit feels. Basicly if it has the same wheelbase and a steeper headangle the bike will feel longer, ie harder to pull up for a manual etc. If it has a slacker head angle it will feel shorter and will be eaiser to pull up for a manual. A steeper headangle will also make getting your weight foward easier aswell as steering quicker, but in my opinion it isnt going to make much difference anyway.

16. steve_v

steve_v New Member

Can you put a seat collar on the Pure, raise/lower saddle height ? I'm also looking for a bike for natural riding that I can use to cruise around as well. How are the Norco's ? Any other suggestions ?

17. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

you can put a seat collar in the pure, it's what holds your seatpost there. Same with every other seat tube. Many people ride pure for natural, most don't run the seat option but you can do that OK. When I commuted on my zeb I had two chainrings and a tioga DH saddle which weighed about 4lbs and I'm looking forward to using again. I just flipped the qr and took the whole seatpost out when I got to my riding spot.

- Joel

18. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

19. Elan

Elan steve french

what.... if you're going to misquote someone, try and get the tags right next time.

20. Trialmaniax

Trialmaniax Guest

I ride Pure 1060 with 420mm fork. My actually wheelbase is 1063mm