Bonz trials cranks...any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by [email protected], Sep 10, 2004.

1. ben@slctrials.com

[email protected] New Member

wanted to see everyone's opinion on the Bonz trials cranks, specifically the stock isis version. So what do u guys think?

Attached Files:

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I have the square taper(flexier) and love them. I came from stiff Profiles and these are even stiffer than them....get them.

3. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I also have the square tapers. No complaints. I don't think you will be dissappointed.

4. Cole

Cole New Member

Burliest cranks ever. Super nice too. My ISIS ones came with a pink sheen that hasn't gone away after close to 3 months.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

everyone i have seen with bonz loves them..they are very strong, indestructable it seems.

6. ben@slctrials.com

thanx alot for the replies dudes, good to hear that they are burly cranks...a little freaked out right now from my snapped Turbines:)

7. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I have the square taper ones. Super biffy and smooth. My buddy has the ISIS ones. They are a very good choice.

8. netto

netto New Member

but the bash is so big:(

9. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

more to bash with ;)

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

The bash isn't any bigger than any other chain ring style bashguard out there. Besides being bombproof they do have an amazing warranty and they are lighter than Middleburn splined cranks with bash, and cheaper.

11. Ross

Ross New Member

Do they have the lifetime warranty like the middleburns?

12. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Dont the Turbines have a lifetime warranty?

Then again if you snapped them, would you want them warrantied? Hmmm.

13. cogmog

cogmog Member

square taper and I love them! 10 year warranty!

14. ben@slctrials.com

doubt it.....not warrantied for trials use. but im going to try none the less, maybe just to have a pair of back up cranks.

thanx.

15. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I thought that was one of the reasons for Ashton using them, however, i could be totally wrong.

16. netto

netto New Member

wut about those tensile cranks?
    could run 18t cog

17. ben@slctrials.com

its the north shores i think that has warranty, those are the cranks i really should've gone with instead of turbines.

18. JK

JK New Member

I have the ISIS ones. They are excellent. Best cranks out there for rear freehub setup. Super strong.

19. oicdn

oicdn Guest

10 year warranty....mineas well be a lifetime. Seriously, who still has the cranks they had on thier bike 10 years ago??? Yeah, lifetime is great, but I think it's more marketing than anything else...

20. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Also, don't forget to mention thst the middleburn warranty is good for Trials riding, street riding, Downhilling, or pretty much anything else you can throw at it. No limitations on riding with them.