BMXers, stupid?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by hophopsnap, Sep 27, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

no dumber than much of the stuff i read on trials forums.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

lmao....stress from abubucas.....but yea, ive always wondered the same, but maggies do bolt on to 990 mounts w/ slight modification

4. WhiteRavenKS

if i ever saw a bmxer with maggies i would punch them in the genitals.

5. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

^ - tru dat, but I still dont understand why BMXers dont make the leap to Vs

6. WhiteRavenKS

because its not gnar core to run gooder brakes. going without is the shiznaite.

7. Tanner

Tanner New Member

I saw a guy with HS-33s at the BMX track.

8. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

maggies own, 990's freaking blow, y run brakes that dont stop??

9. hophopsnap

because they are easy to setup and tuff. V-brakes are weak and chunky, and from funfanu's, you will bend or break the arms so weak.

10. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i did it once.. you can punch me

11. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

dude ur a moron, you will not break v brake arms doing a fufuanu on a 20" bike. First of all, ive only ridden v's for trials, trials has a million times more stress than bmx, and 26" wheels cause a ton more leverage than 20". i would love to see a 20" street frame set up for v's, i can guarentee i can rock that frame and never have a prob w/ the brakes

12. hophopsnap

omfg I was joking. why would I be calling them stupid, and then agree with them? :eek3:

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

All I know are bmxers aren't whiney little douches like most trials riders, and they don't give 2 shits about their bike while riding 482004229 more impressive things than anyone who stepped on a trials bike- all with shitty brakes and no helmet.

14. hophopsnap

yeah I give mad props to edwin. Andrew you still got your S&M? I have my POS redline but it kicks anything at schools ass cept one.

edit-Im not trying to rip on the actuel riders, but the posers who think they know everything and all they can do is flatland barspin or rodeo :rofl:

nevermind this is crap :luke:

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

yes i do...sort of :hsugh:

16. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

V-brakes stick out more and thus are more prone to breaking.

plus you don't need brakes on a BMX at all if you are good. i need them because i am not very good yet.

17. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Kind of funny that in a topic where trials riders are laughing at bmxers for knowing nothing, trials riders make themselves look like idiots for knowing nothing themselves.

There a bunch of reasons why bmxers wont use v brakes. Go out and click a lookback on a bmx with a set of Vs on. Have fun getting the brake out of your pantleg before you land. That is a lot of the reason why they won't be used. They get in the way. It is the same reason a lot of guys won't run front brakes or brakes at all. Depending on which way you turndown or if you do it both ways it is quite easy to stuff the lever into your pants. Thats not too fun 10 feet out of a 12 foot vert ramp.

Go ride a bmx of a dude who does a lot of brake tricks. I would bet most of you would wonder what is wrong with your setup. You can set them up to be stupidly grabby or awesome modulation. For those with shitty brakes you don't really need the brakes like you do in trials. In fact you flat out don't want it 95% of the time.

But ya. Thanks to everyone who thinks they do it because they are trying to be hard core. Made my day.

18. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

[whisper]pssssst. brett. i just said that.[/whisper]

19. BrettM

BrettM New Member

When I decided to post you hadn't posted yet. Due to your 3 sentences vs. my 224 you beat me to it.

And for the record I never mentioned what you did and I don't even fully agree with the prone to breaking thing. Sure its a reason but tiny.

20. WhiteRavenKS

i was being totally serious that bmxers dont run brakes because it makes them hardcore... completely 100% serious.