bloxx are gay...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sebLG, Mar 12, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hello,

im in a bit of a dilema, i just bought 2 sets of koxx bloxx and my first set that i am currently using .. well they dont exactly work as well a my regular plaz. i thought they were meant to be better :? i have a grind and that.

any help = appreciated thnx,

cyall.

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i think that you need to use them for a while to wear 'em in. that's what i hear

3. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Scuff 'em up with some 20 grit , clean rim and pad often with simple green. Stop on dime....receive 9 cents change...

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Odd, I could see them not working as well without a grind because they're a harder pad, but with a grind mine have been great. Do you have a good grind?

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

seems pretty good to me ... what do i do to my pad? scratch/grind it up a bit with something?

thnx all.

6. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

put tar man.. yah dude.. its the way to go man!!

7. sebLG

sebLG New Member

no its not. lol, ive had enough of tar.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

tar+maguras=RETARDED, no pun intended

9. pav

pav New Member

10. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i had plaz before and ive still got it, i took peoples words for it and bought two sets of bloxx, anyway now they are working quite well thanks for all your help! it helped!

cyall,

Seb.

11. sebLG

sebLG New Member

bloxx ARE gay dont buy them.

12. pav

pav New Member

ESPECIALLY FOR 45 BUX OFF BRETT SMITH!

pav

13. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i think mine were more they were $30 US from webcyclery pour moi. (if i speak french i will ride like them)... lol. but yeah.

14. valiumlaw

valiumlaw New Member

A good clean with an abundance of white spirit helps with most rear magura brakes, with my plaz pads i drag white spirit around the rim twice with a cloth, so there's enough to cause a slippy brake, then drag the brake so the pad rubs the rim, ( i have an unground rim) do this for about 10minutes,(light on/off modulation) then clean off the spirit with a dry cloth, leave bike so the rest evaporates, with an unground rim and plaz pads this works amazingly, end result, very grippy, loud brake. MAY work on YOUR brake set up and grind/pads.

15. sebLG

sebLG New Member

whats white spirit? gandalf.

16. valiumlaw

valiumlaw New Member

White Spirit is available from almost every hardware store over here in the UK, not sure about AUS though, it comes in bottles, usually starting at 1000ml, and even in bigger industrial containers, its highly volatile, and is used to thin paint, clean brushes etc. if you leave some white spirit in a thin plastic container it melts the plastic, the actual substance is completely clear and has a very potent/toxic smell...

17. sebLG

sebLG New Member

paint stripper? hummmm

18. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

one word. Plaz

I put it into my Maguras in January 2002. I am still using it and performs as good as day one. (bar dusty dust of course)

19. Elan

Elan steve french

plaz..yes, i am using some spanish fly pads right now..i have 4 CRM pads jsut lying here, but i have been too lazy to try them...haha...plaz is definately real nice

20. sebLG

sebLG New Member

yes i also have another set of bloxx and a set of plaz, but all i wanna know is how to make them work really well i guess. i remember thetart20's itc-pallets video, do you? and their brakes worked like so damn awsome and everything and somebody said they were using bloxx ... yeah, i wanna get mine to work like that is all.