Blanco on the 18th

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by atypical, Apr 9, 2004.

1. atypical

atypical Guest

I'll be heading home for the weekend, got a reunion to goto on the 17th, but I'll be at Blanco State Park (off 281- hard to miss if you get to Blanco) the morning of the 18th, about 10-1030. It's beautiful, got lots of natural and old rock picnic tables, & water if your interested. I can ride prolly til 3:00 then gotta get back to Midland(5hr drive). Church(Trials) in the park, best way to spend a Sunday. Let me know if ur interested.

2. Liquid

Liquid Guest

A highschool reunion? I graduated from Blanco in '93, do I know you? It'd be crazy if someone I'd gone to school with was doing trials too.

Will Ernst

3. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

I'll try 2 come over. I live in Wimberley....What time of day R U gettin' there?

4. atypical

atypical Guest

Way too far out!! Yep, I've known you since kindergarden, and also class of '93. David Gray. I'll get there at 10am and warm up around the big dam you can see from the 281 bridge. What kinda bike you riding Liquid? Been doing this long? Me, on and off for 10 years- riding a long Pure now, hadley trials rear hub, magura front and rear. Can sidehop some, pedal up, gaps, drops, you know- ride trials. Manuals and wheelies, and some little streety spins rounds me out. D. Weyman, I understand you've been goin big for a while? Hope to see you there, anyone else in the neighborhood should drop in- we could end up doing lunch at the Rio Blanco- decent Mexican food.

5. Liquid

Liquid Guest

No way! That's crazy. First I ran into Libby in LAX a couple of years ago and now you on a random biking board.

I'm pretty new to trials, just got started a few months ago. Don't tell anybody but I'm an XC guy. I'm heading to Flat Creek by Pedernales Falls tomorrow to get in some miles on a trail that only opens one week out of the year actually.

I just got a sweet deal on an Echo ES3 (maybe 4? Don't know how to tell...) on ebay a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten much time on it yet. Man it's cool that you're riding trials. I made plans to brew beer and BBQ that Sunday, but I'll see if I can reschedule to the following so that I can make this ride. It's cool that Rio Blanco is still open, I was a dishwasher there for a bit I think back in senior year.

Give me a shout, [email protected]

-will

6. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

I haven't gone big in my recent memory. Or anybody's memory.
    I'm trying to ride harder these past 2 weeks though, I'm feelin' older these days....
    trying to overcome that....I need 2 hookup w/Austin crew bad!
    I'll try 2 remember 2 bring my bike to Midland next time I come....
    I met a guy on a yellow Brisa mod last time I rode there...forgot his name.

Later

7. atypical

atypical Guest

Hmm, haven't seen a yellow brisa, or anyone for that matter. I'm 28, 29 in a few days, so I am feeling old too, but I will ride until I cant. I'm sure Liquid will be there, he isn't any younger than I am- and he's just starting trials- maybe he has the secret with the chondroitin, I'll have to look into it! Yeah, if you don't make it out the 18th you can always find me in Midland. I don't get outta town much, you see, I'm::eek:wned:

8. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Hey, I am going to try for Blanco on the 18th too... since will took back his beer offer.

Dave, Will see you out there.

David... thanks for the reply about the gear ratio question!

9. atypical

atypical Guest

Weather looks alright, cloudy, a low of 64 high of 82- NO RAIN. Sunday, 10AM, Blanco State Park. Be there :bigthumb:

10. Liquid

Liquid Guest

Not sure if I'm going to make it out tomorrow. The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy and I really need to catch up on some house work and get some recoup time. Plus the wife just finished up her dissertation proposal and wants to relax at the house -- I need to get in some family time before the kid forgets who I am... I'll see how we feel in the morning though.

11. atypical

atypical Guest

We did it, weather and all. David Weyman made it out from Wimberly, it was just us, but we'll have more the next time. There's a lot to do, we rode for 2 hours, I got tired before I tried all the lines. We'll probably try again within the next few months, maybe do a ride in Blanco, camp out, then go on to Austin the next day- there are covered buildings to "camp" in, like most state parks- not really roughing it. Look out for pictures of some of the park, not too many action shots b/c of the wet, but I shot some pics for reference.
    Will, the reunion was short- maybe 3.5 hours, probably 10 showed, but we had fun reliving some of the funniest parts of school and meeting all the families. We'll do a 20 year, Vegas, NO KIDS. :werd: