Bigger side hops

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by redworm, Feb 26, 2004.

1. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

My max side hop is 38" but I would like to get to 40 or bigger faster than just practicing, any easy tips to get a few more inches now.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

ask graham. haha.

3. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

umm, get a long echo/koxx mod?

those things fly, i can sidehop 42" on one of them compared to my usual 28" on anything else...

4. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

yep, pretty much.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

that soudns really good. now for some brakes...

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

if you can get 38, i find the easiest way to go higher is just to jump abit more and lift the bike abit higher.

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

nice... he has a long koxx mod frame.

have you considered doing some basic plyo stuff mike? there are also a few tricks i can let you in on next time we ride.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, it is mike from cosprgs, that is what i thought. hehe.

9. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

nice fuckin avatar Elan!!!

10. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

lift das weights........focus on legs......center of explosive power

quick tips....when you're on your rear wheel stand as tall as possible. Arms straight, legs straight. If you start with your center of mass high, you'll end up with your center of mass high. Then drop your ass straight down and explode up.

11. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a try tonight. I was wondering how long my secret identity would be kept safe from elan.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Lighter gear.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

try the TRA way..you have to focus, will yourself to do it..wait, nevermind, just become really strong, PLYOmetric doode!

14. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

take steriods :joshers:

15. Elan

Elan steve french

that is obviously cheating... haha

16. Sirus

Sirus Guest

tuck like hell! that... or lower your pressure some... it'll give ya a little bitta spring

17. average mike

average mike Guest

Although im not a sidehopping expert, i think its mostly technique. Spring up a ton with your legs, tuck a lot and do the ass to the side move if you are going huge.

18. sebLG

sebLG New Member

ypu have to really really commit to your move bigtime... if you pussy out half way through on a big sidehop you will proably just land on your pedal and thats gayboy unless its massive. go up to backwheel then preload untill your arse is like nearly on your tire then bouce up(human spring!) as high as you can then you have to suck you bike way up(if your going pushing yourself) so your pretty close to your tire again. also try not to go to frontwheel too much on sidehops that you know you can do quite easily, because frontwheel is kinda cheating.

..also mod is the key, haha :greddy: ... so yeah ... commit!

19. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I watched Riki Murata a bit (from Japan) and when he went to sidehop huge (wait till i get this DV footage onto comp.. no camera atm) just before takeoff on the last hop, he would almost crouch into a sit onto his back tyre. Also I don't know if you are doing this but use like 1-2 hops only. Anyway I tried applying this Japanese technique (I've seen a few other riders do it) and it seems to work well. Hope this has helped

20. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

isnt that what you are meant to do?

what am i saying, i can only sidehop mods.