Best v lever for under 50 bucks?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Gaps720, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

i am thinking of switching from my hydraulic v up front and mag in back to a pair of sd 7's and plaz pads... looking for the best v lever for some sd 7's under 50 bucks, any suggestions? thanks

2. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

i suggest avid sd-7's. (thats speed dial 7)

3. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

any shimano lever is better than any avid with the exception of the ultimates. I would get XT levers, hell even the deore works great.

4. KenC

KenC Member

I personally like the avid levers, and the sd7 or sd5 would be good choices. Other people hate avids and like shimano. It's all about the feel of the lever, really.

5. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I'll second the Shimano levers. I've ran Avid levers before, and I'm on an XTR one now, and the main thing that I don't like much about the sd7 and lower levers is the fact that the lever blade pivot gets pretty sloppy after a while of riding, and makes the brake feel different, sort of weird. I like the pivot design on the Shimano levers, since they seem to be pretty much free of play, and I like the lever blade shape much more than on the Avids. Some riders have had play develop in their Shimano levers, though most others have not. So the lever blade shape is what's gonna be the deciding factor, like Ken said.

6. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

you see... i don't even notice the loose levers. my levers on my mtb move up and down like half an inch, but i don't care.