best pedals?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by eastcoaststeve, Nov 27, 2004.

1. eastcoaststeve

eastcoaststeve Moderator

I finally got my new bike dirty and found out real quick my cool try-all shoes slipped a lot on a set of wet/muddy vp's. I hadn't noticed this before wearing my vans in the rain. Do the try-alls work better with platforms?

I like the light weight of the vp's, but I'm thinking of swithching...any thoughts?
    thanks.

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

3. felix

felix New Member

From my experience Try All shoes work much better with platform pedals than with caged ones like the VP.
    I'm using these Wellgo pedals. They're cheap, light, have good grip and last long.

[​IMG]

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I thought it was the other way around VP + Trials shoes = pure sex I run Triple traps on worn Emerica Templetons.

These pedals are ABSOLUTE ASS on any shoe I use except these Emericas with no tread on the bottom. I guess the spikes were just trying to move from groove to groove...but where there are no grooves...it's sticky goodness. They're also sex on the old school Adiddas high tops....otherwise...

5. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

I'm running Sun/Ringle Zu-Zu pedals...very sticky...then again it shreds the shit out of your shoes & grinds well on the shin. It's only $30 on Jensonusa.com :)