berkely group ride saturday 10-2?

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by digby, Sep 27, 2004.

1. digby

digby New Member

I gotta be in oakland all saturday morning till maybe 1:30 ish, berkelys right next door so I was wondering if anyone was intersted in doing a group ride out there?

lots of shit to ride out there and I dont think we've ever been hassled.

except for by those damn hippies.

saturday 1:30ish 10/2/04

heres my cell: 530 680 3344

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

hit up amoebas for me nukkas

3. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Is anyone going to show up? Is it worth the drive from Santa barbara? I'm hoping to have a new bike by then... but we'll see when that actually happens.

4. digby

digby New Member

I have no idea. Usually phil is down to ride if its a weekend. Paul spends his time either in berkely or sf, so if his bikes working hes down to ride. For everyone else, I dont know so thats why i'm posting here.

turtlehead, werent you getting a new bike 2 months ago? Whatd you end up getting, another brisa stock? How was mammoth? I'm finally matching you for driving mileage. I think ive done 2400 miles or so this month.

5. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'm down for saturday in berzekly.

6. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Digby... you're not even coming anywhere close to my driving... if I average between 40-60,000 miles per year, that would put me at an average month of 5,000 miles... Looks like you'd hit 28,800 this year if you kept at your pace... but really, the more miles you drive, the better, so you'd better be at the Kernville event...
    Ah... I finally ordered a Zoo... was supposed to get it by Friday so I could hit Mammoth... but, the "importer" forgot to ship some parts with it to Faction... so... still no bike...
    If I have my bike by this weekend, I might well take the trip up to visit ya'll and ride.

7. digby

digby New Member

why dont you come up for lunch or something and i'll put you on my singlespeed and you can cruise around and bullshit with the rest of us. if your frame doesnt show up.

8. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

I'm down for a hippie ride on saturday. Where exactly do y'all meet?

9. digby

digby New Member

paul, wheres that place we met on the last group ride with phil, the one where you showed up with pizza.

10. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

I'm down with pizza...
    Ha... your single speed? did you go and buy another bike?

11. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Kernville will be awesome I will be there. Look in the thread about pures in trials forum to identify me and my bike.

12. digby

digby New Member

naw, had this one for a while, got it used, just ride it to school and back. you are the only person I know that would make a 8 hour round trip drive for 3 slices of pizza

13. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

If Justin or someone else gives me a ride consider me there. Otherwise I am without transportation.

14. digby

digby New Member

I'd offer you a ride, but i'm going down thurs night, gotta work fri, pick up my car at the shop on saturday and am most likely staying sunday too. Not sure if you wanna stay in the bay that long.

15. aka Mr Floyd

aka Mr Floyd New Member

Hey Digby,

Won't be able to make that one... I'm up in Redding for a week to hang out with my new nephew and nurse my wounds from Mammoth.

Hopefully next time,

Todd

16. digby

digby New Member

todd, dont worry, I know all about nursing my wounds, I do it the majority of the year.

http://www.berkeley.edu/map/maps/large_map.html

For berkely, heres a giant map of the campus, as you can see theres a lot of godamn shit to ride on. Last time we met at the springer gateway(left middle side of map) near university drive, theres some nice ledges to warm up on. I can probably be there at 1 or 2. sound good to you guys?

Alex

530 680 3344

17. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'll be there. who want to go in on some MD 20/20 with me?

18. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Paul, smack me for saying it.. but what's MD 20/20?

19. digby

digby New Member

paul, I'll split one with you, heres a doller!!!!

I havent had one of those in 3 years, too bad theres no emoticon for me shuddering then throwing up.

Ok looks like its gonna be

digby
    paulsf
    jmkimmel?
    squirrel

turtlehead?

20. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

Justin said hes up for Berkely so Ill be there too.

Change of plans I dont have a ride now maybe next time.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004