Bent rims... can't ride

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Patrick, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Was riding Confluence last night with Taylor and Jack and after about ten minutes of riding I crashed. Wheels got wedged in between some rocks (upper level), but I kept moving and essentially bent the piss out of both rims. Taylor has both of them now and either suggests getting new rims or trying to hammer them back to rideable status? Is this right Taylor?

Anway, IF I decide to get new rims, is the Try-All monster the way to go for the back?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

yes. dx on the front too... you know ya wanna.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

4. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I'm guessing the DX32 for the rear is lighter than the massive Try-all.. Will the extra wide try-all not be much better for rear wheel moves?

You gonna use the DX32 on the coos?

5. Patrick

Patrick New Member

hmmm.. Tryall site says the stock rims are 650 grams, while the DX32s are 678. That's surprising.

6. Morryjg

Morryjg Guest

Nice Job Patrick!!!!!! Wish I had a camera to get that one.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

the try-all has HUGE ass holes, and hte DX does not..sooo

8. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

screw the DX32 get the bmf

9. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Different stickers??

10. Elan

Elan steve french

the BTI catalog says teh BMF is 1mm thinner...

also, BTI sells DX in only silver/no eyelets, and bmf in black with eyelets.

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:ugh:

Its the exact same fucking thing.

I say dx over the try all....its stronger, harder material so your grinds will last longer. Try all are very wide, I'm not sure if its needed over the DX for me personally, i have no folding issues...

however the dx does not come in gold :eek3:

12. Elan

Elan steve french

yes, i havent had folding issues with the dx, i dont think many have... just go for what you can get patrick ,i say its about a toss up which one is actually better. when i get a koxx, i am going to try out hte try-all though.

13. Patrick

Patrick New Member

thanks for the suggestions... Looks like that 28h front hub I bought from Graham isn't going to work to well with the DX32.. Guess I can steal one off another wheel I have.

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Koxx likes to try to make you stick in the family :)

Are you riding friday?

15. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

the brass eyelets are enough of a difference, my DX32 started cracking at the eyelets because the spokes were pulling through I think this happened to Akira also, he's the one that suggested the BMF to me, it's been fine for over twice riding hours that I had on the DX32.......but my riding style is sloppy compared to Patricks, I'm sure he'll be fine with either rim.

16. Patrick

Patrick New Member

i am joe sloppy.. look at my rims!

Andrew.. I would love to ride if I had wheels.

17. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Welcome to 2002, when the dx-32 was offered with the option of eyelets- I opt for none as they do nothing for me.

IDENTICAL rim, except yours is called big mother fucker.

Patrick what kind of wheel do you need, I have wheels- king iso w/ skinny rim and 160mm rotor work for that day?

18. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Sounds great for the front, but I will need a rear wheel with king and a nice grind:) thanks for offering though.. If it doesn't work out, we'll ride next week. I've already ordered the new rims.

19. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

you cant get eyeleted dx-32's from bti. you can get the bmf though through bti which is eyeleted through bti.

the weight of the dx-32 is 678g... undrilled. you can easily take over 100g off that with some time and patience.

weeee- straight facts!

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member