Benito Ros

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Darren, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

Does anyone know why he uses a monty bar/stem combo on his mod as apposed to koxx?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

because he likes it?

im willing to bet he grew very accustomed to that combo, and seeing as the try-all is completely not the same, he probably did not want to use the try-all set up. plus, monty owns the uci now, so why not.

3. Crtd

Crtd Member

Kenny Belay don't use the try-all to! He uses a Onza T-master(i think).

4. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

i do beleive kenny uses monty stem n bar , these choices are because theyr accustomed to it and wont sacrifice that , so they ride what they know .

5. felix

felix New Member

I guess Benito uses the Monty combo, because he wants a bike that feels like the Monty he rode before.
    The geometry of the short XTP mod is the same as the Monty X-Lite, so with Monty stem and bar it should ride like a Monty with Koxx stickers. :D

Belaey uses a Monty stem and bar, as well.

6. Ross

Ross New Member

Why doesnt KOXX make a bar and stem with the same specs, seems like good marketing to me...

7. Elan

Elan steve french

because they are a revolution. DERRRRRRRRR . they never made a monty x-lite copy did they?

8. digby

digby New Member

sounds more like echo/zoo marketing to me.

9. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

huh?

10. Elan

Elan steve french

via dani comas

11. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

My prediction: Dani Comas will leave Monty for 2005. We shall see....

12. Vox

Vox Guest

heh... like LeCorre and Benito... due to koxx can pay much more $$$ than monty...
    Maybe not...

13. Elan

Elan steve french

if taht happens ot pi might have to get back in the rounds

14. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Miguel Martinez (god like xc racer) never switched his xtr cantis to XTR v's because he didnt want to bother getting used to it, this is prolly the same. YAY PARTS RULES

15. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I remember in the 2000 olympics he was using those cantis, I thought it was a weight thing...but then again I was very excited to be there...the tickets for the men's MTB were $7 for an all day event, access to the entire course, shuttle buses all around it to get to the good viewing spots, AND free transport on the olympic train system, which extended all the way out to a little town 3 hours from Sydney but 30mins from my (then) house !

Best $7 ever !

- Joel

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004