Observed Trials banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rode a cheesy full sus for a couple of years before that. And I did some hopping around on it. My record then was about 5" up. I rode mostly xc/freeride back then. It probably helped my balance somewhat. But I had only had that bike for a little over 4 months when I made that vid.

I had never hopped once on the backwheel before I got the kona.

BTW. I've ordered a ZOO! pitbull. Finally a "real" trials bike. No more riding on a wannabe trials bike.

My current bike is a much modified 03 Kona scrap.
Anybody wanna buy the frame when I get my pitbull? :D

I've gone through a big change over the past months. From loving suspension, disc brakes, platform pedals and having a blatant disregard for weight to HATING suspension,disc brakes(for the rear at least) , platform pedals and I've become much more weight conscious(to a certain degree of course. Trials is demanding on the bike)

·
Registered
90 Posts
nowadays beginners can get lots of videos of the worlds best riders. this allows them to instantly adapt to a very high level of riding and get an idea what is possible on a bike. when i started there were no videos available except of hans rey. those days you were good if you could do pedal kicks. :D

·
Original power yuppie
628 Posts
Sheez! I'm schooled once again! 4 months on that bike?! Wow. I'm a beginner, and consider myself zoomin' along, but you're riding so well you may just be a top pro in a few years.

-I'm feeling schooled

Taylor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts