Beginner Trials vid.... oh the horror

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by ascentrek, Mar 18, 2004.

1. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Nothing special, just Morryjg and I riding during lunch. Please, don't analyze this for directing quality. Comments, suggestions on how to ride better would be great though!

ODTT (Old Dudes Trials Team) video 1.

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/odtt1.wmv

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Pretty neato...good vid quality. I don't have any tips really....other than balance practice....but my info prolly means squat, LOL!

3. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Cool! Very smooth vid, you did have a lot of good moves, I think you just need to put more body into it. Where's this park at?!?!? Swweeeeeeet!

4. ascentrek

Two riders were in the vid. Morryjg (Jack) was on the PlanetX (black), and I was on the Koxx. Park is in Greenwood Village (Denver). There's 4 areas that have those blocks. Kevin has some better footage in his COTrials series. The park is 5 minutes from my office.

5. ascentrek

Thanks for the advice. after watching myself over and over, I agree with what you say (need more body).

6. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

How long have you two been riding? You guys seem to acutally have a lot of trickier type of things down. Like using the front brake to help get extra height, being able to surge, save yourself from dabing by jumping off backwards when on the back wheel etc. The size just isn't very big yet. This however probably a good thing since size will just come with practice/time and using more body movement. For how much of a beginner you have been saying you were, I'm impressed. Just keep riding.
    Martin

7. ascentrek

i've been riding for a little over a year, with a 3 month break. Total, less than a year

Morryjg? Prolly 6 months on his current bike.

8. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Definitlly pretty good. You have better balance than me when just standing there...and you know how to rock back and forth...which I envy...I can't do that for shit. It almost looks from your body language that you're not really trying. A good thing IMO...effortless look is always pimp, but I think with more body language, your size of things will just shoot up.....

Very nice.

9. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

AWESOME!!!

Good job guys. Thanks for posting that video. Looks like I'm not the only nOOb out there :bigthumb: I'm pretty much at the same level as you guys. I'm still working on my pedal hop.

Very good video! Keep practicing! :bigthumb: