Beginner here, until now. Rear Hub

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by Mark Philip Madera, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Mark Philip Madera

Mark Philip Madera New Member

Hi everyone! I am new to this page and my first time posting. I recently used this hub Novatec xd262sb since May 2020 and it held up well for me ( lousy late bloomer). It has a total of 84 engagement but not as loud as hopes, though cheaper and lighter i guess.

Does anyone tried it as well?

2. Mark Philip Madera

Here is the hub i mentioned. still holds up until now for me.

Attached Files:

3. Mark Philip Madera

BY the way, did anybody also have eperience with DPSBikes Dynasty hubs? Price is where it catches my eyes as well.

DPSBIKES

DYNASTY v.2 single speed hub kit

DPSBIKES (China) independently designed and developed a new hub. In order to cope with the increasingly perverted SLOPESTYLE skill intensity, we have made a new adjustment to this hub, so that DYNASTY can easily resist the high-intensity use of DJ and SS style.

Wheel options:

Wheel set A: DARTMOOR RAIDER rim, PILLAR spokes, Hub Black Dynasty II

Wheel set B: DARTMOOR SHIELD rim, PILLAR spokes, Hub Black Dynasty II

DYNASTY V2 improvements

In view of the cooperation between the independent jacks inside the DRIVER (tower base) and the independent springs, the angle is optimized and corrected.

Optimized and corrected the hardness and thickness of the independent spring leaf inside the DRIVER (tower base).

The front hub supports 110x20mm and 100x15mm barrel axle front forks.

Product Technology & Features

1. 6 independent three-claw gold pieces, 6 independent gold springs, 18 occlusal contact points, one step distributes the force during pedaling.

2. 75T drive ring, 3x2 working mode, 3 pieces of gold work each time, and the other 3 pieces are in the clutch state, working alternately, forming a loudness of up to 150 and a very small pedaling position of 2.4°, achieving a very short pedaling response At the same time, it ensures that the driving resistance of the hub is smaller.

3. The hub shells of the front and rear hubs are equipped with high-quality sealed bearings imported from Japan, NSK and NTN, respectively. The rear hub body of the 10T driver body consists of 2 sealed bearings and a needle roller bearing, and the SS single-speed cassette driver body consists of It consists of 2 sealed bearings and an aluminum alloy DU bushing.

4. The dust-proof side cover of the rear hub adopts 7075 aluminum alloy press-in specification, which can be removed and maintained without tools.

5. The wider flange spacing design can better distribute the force, improve the overall rigidity of the wheel set, and make adjustment and maintenance easier.

6. The locking mechanism of the rear hub is still the most classic and efficient BOLT-ON structure, which is fixed by bolts on both sides, once fixed, without loosening for a long time.

7. The rear hub has a 10T integrated flywheel base and SS single-speed cassette flywheel short base to choose from. Riders can freely choose and match according to their driving parts, and there is no need to worry about gear ratio matching.

8. The surface of the SS single-speed cassette flywheel tower base is hard anodized, and it is used with the DPSBIKES 5mm single-speed flywheel base to effectively prevent the tower base from biting. O1CN01WEa4XH1Ew6yfvcXqd_!!457160415.jpg O1CN01Do2xxJ1Ew6yfTmXGg_!!457160415.jpg

4. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

Looks a lot like paid product placement.

5. Mark Philip Madera

I am just curious, because I can't just spend much on known hub names. That is why i tried to ask for opinions if any. Yet the novatec i was using is still intact and less crisp sound compared to 88T hope

6. RONNYTRIALS

RONNYTRIALS Ronny Traba

7. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

For the money, the Hope Pro4 trials rear is hard to beat. I'm all Industry Nine and they are the bomb, but $$$. Their customer service is top notch too. I ran Chris King for years on my MTBs, but they pissed me off more recently so they're dead to me (and HOLY SHIT EXPENSIVE!!) I have a Profile Elite single speed also and it's been great, but ultimately overrated for the price. The single speed aspect is very important for trials; same length and same tension spokes left and right is key.

Mark Philip Madera likes this.
  8. Mark Philip Madera

for the $$$ I am really kind of short. And street trials stuff were not widely available in the place where I worked (Macao SAR). Well Asian brands cost lower than others and shipment as well. Just trying to get some options, while my novatec is wtill holding up. Yet I am expecting or skeptical that this will end I don't know when.

9. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

Nothing lasts forever, especially in trials. It's nice to know there's another rear hub out there that holds up to trials.

10. Mark Philip Madera