Heres a picture of my homemade bashring, well not actually homemade, but I made it at work. i used only manual machines, nothing fancy, so it's not as nice as some, but it works awesome. I machined the back of the crank spider a little bit so that I could use the current BB spindle length and still have clearance between my stays and chainring. I've been running it for a few weeks now, i miss pedal up a lot and it's holding up very well, Oh, and i also weigh in at around 200. not too bad for a few hours labor I think. Oh, and thanks Bill for the comment about the marks!! The outer most ones are actually on purpose, but the ones on the inside part are due to my shoddy machine skills!! The next one will have a nicer pattern on the O.D. and also a little nicer finishing on the face!