Bash to rear? How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by dahouse, Jul 7, 2004.

1. dahouse

dahouse Guest

Well, I've been riding for a bit over a year and I realised that there are alot of moves I haven't learned. One of them is going from bashguard to rear wheel. How do you do it? Everytime I try I just can't keep my front end up

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

When you're first learning this move, you're going to want to move your body forward as you jump, since this is how you're used to getting up stuff. This is what messes the move up though. You have to teach yourself to jump straight up, and maybe even a bit backwards, instead of forwards. When you pull the bike up underneath you, it will move forward the right amount to land balanced, so if you jump forward, it will make you land with too much forward momentum to save it. Also, keep your rear brake off as long as possible, so that the wheel can slide/roll up the face of the wall easily, and also make it up the edge in case you don't pull the bike enough. And as well, try to position yourself so that the rear tire isn't touching the wall. This is a bit harder on frames with really short stays.

So, keep the rear brake off, jump straight up and not forward, and really pull your arms up. This isn't an easy move to learn, it's pretty frustrating, but it's handy for when you have to land on your bash on something narrow.

1 person likes this.

3. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

also, since you'll have your rear brake off, try throwing yourself up with your foot, like, pushing off really hard, itll help you out some.........

4. dahouse

dahouse Guest

Thanks alot guys

5. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

its got the same fundamental movements as a switch (rear wheel where your front was) except you need a lot more uplift since you have less time to lift

6. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I never learned to do this move - the real reason I jumped on the UCI bandwagon.

just thought I'd add that, it can be difficult to get.

- Joel

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

its a gay move, hard and not *overly* useful.

leave your brakes off until the very millisecond you put your weight on the tire.