Bad R1 accident

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by oicdn, Dec 17, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

right click save as

A little disturbing. Doesn't show the accident, but damn....
    But, who the hell would let someone film this? The guys friends are just hanging out talking on the cell phone while some unknown asshole just films his riding partners dead body? Same goes for the people in the car, (s)he is just filming away and everybody just seems to be okay with that.

That was the most fucked up I have ever seen a bike, that shit was in multiple pieces... I've seen a lot of crash aftermath videos and pics online and a few in person, but that bike was fucking _MANGLED_.... Poor 04 R1, there was definetely some high speed involved because dude had full gear on, and that bike/car were FFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKED up...

Doesn't really bother you unless you ride a motorcycle...otherwise, it's like, meh....

2. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

deff. high speed Involved.... looks like the compact car pulled in fron of the r1 ...and judging from where the bike/and rider are... the rider took the full force of the impact....I'm only saying this because Ive been a paramedic for 15 years and I have seen lot's and lot's of mtc. v.s. auto...and I have a Ducati to boot so I get both ends of the spectrum. the thing that pisses me off is that more than likely the rider is dead....judging from how far away from the initial impact he is, (usually they get tossed 100+ feet in high speed crashes...he's not that far so he hit hard) but all those people there,and not one of those fuckers doing some basic first aid I.E treat for shock and if need be start cpr...and to boot he's riding with friends.... If that was your friend laying there...would you do somthing for him? ..even if you new it was a futal attempt? at least the woman that was intraped in the car was being helped a little... hopefully everyone at that accident scene get's the shit kicked out of them by that guys family for not doing a f-ing thing ... and I would drop that fucker with the camera just on principle alone. be warned...if you come to northen Ma. and film an accident scene wile people are dieing and I show up....I WILL KICK YOUR TEETH IN!.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

3. randomrider

randomrider Guest

You forget people are dumb and panicy in emergency situations. Thats why you're the paramagic.

4. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

I'll say it again ..." If that was your friend laying there...would you do somthing for him? ..even if you new it was a futal attempt? apparently he was the shit nose of the group and they didnt give an ounce of rat cum about him

5. digby

digby New Member

what exactly would you do? I'm not certain, but in situations like this, I think its actually better that you not do anything and let the professionals handle it. Take his helmet off and give him cpr. Thats a great idea, what if he has a fractured vertabrae and by taking his helmet off you sever/fuck up his spinal cord? If his skull is fractured taking his helmet off is even worse. It is actually better to have the pressure from the helmet contain the injury. You could also probably puncture his lung doing cpr compressions if he has fractured/broken ribs which is probably pretty likely considering the shape his bike is in.

In short your intentions are good doing whatever in a futile attepmt to help your friend but you may be making it worse if you dont know what youre doing. Wait for the paramedics to get there and try to keep asshats from filming.

edit: whoops, just saw that you were a paramedic. Let me know if I got anything wrong above.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

saw this a few days ago. ibsquids

7. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

No your correct in the sense of not moving him... IF he has spontanious resperations and pulses..... (lol...little pre hospital emergency care here for you..) chances are after viewing the clip...he's dead... in the case that he was breathing... there are a few simple things to do other than walk around and smoke cigaretts ... 1.Keep his cervical spine emobilized by holding the side's helmet...if there was some kind of upper airway compromise the helmets gotta go so you can gain access to his airway and it need's to come off without compromising his c-spine. and if his mellons smashed his head is going to swell inside the helmet and it wont come off anyway...but an open skull fracture is better than a closed one 2. elevate his legs cuz he's going to be in shock and chances are he's got massive internal bleeding going on and his blood pressure is going to be shit! and cover him with a blanket.. if he's not breathing and he's got no pulse... doing cpr isnt going to cause anymore harm because he's going to die anyway. and you can sit with him and hold his hand...reassure him everythings being done that can be right now...make sure no one else touches him....if you have no idea what to do... walking around smoking a camel or video taping is shit wile someone is dieing....sorry ...just sux to see shit like that happen. oh..if you look close you can see the front tire of the bike stuffed into the front right wheel.

8. Peace

Peace pedocrab

yeah thats pretty fucked, just leave a supposed dead guy on the ground, he didnt look that bad... like to compound fractures, limbs pointing in the wrong direction... but yeah can never tell what wrong with his head or spine by looking at him. Landing on that gutter couldnt have helped much.

They must be out in the sticks cos the paramedics are taking a while... Looks like they were doin the "lets see how fast this thing goes" game and that car either didnt indicate to turn right or he tried to be cool and overtake before she turned....

This is why i dont own a motorbike, too easy for other ppl to not see you. I love riding bikes out on dirt tracks and wouldnt mind opening one up on a race track cos then if i did crash it would be entirely my fault and i would know the risks...
    My uncle died in a motorbike crash and my dad was close too...

Bet the guy with the camera thought he would make some money or would be sick footage for a vid... fucking cunt, hope someone smacked him.
    Peace

9. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

hopefully he died on impact and didnt have to listen and watch as people did nothing to help him, even comfort him in his last minutes.

thats why you do the speeding on the race track not on the roads

10. randomrider

randomrider Guest

That was a compliment for you being able to handle emergency situations, the paramagic comment that is, and also a lil defense for the bystandards. Untrained people dont have a clue bro that was my only point. I agree with the doing anything you can. Hell good samaritan laws in the states you coulda started given cardiac thumps and been in the ok ;). I dunno the whole situation looked pretty dodgy to me. I wasnt gonna be quick to judge cuz I dont speak what ever language they were. Glad you gave some field advice tho. Cool to see EMS people riding trials.

11. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

can people in the US still be sued for giving well-intentioned first aid treatment incorrectly and causing injury? In Australia we have legislation to stop people being charged or sued for injuring others through first aid attempts. I think this is a good thing. I have done a basic first aid course and would still probably freak out a little bit at an accident scene, I hope that I would be able to offer help though.

- Joel

12. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

your average everyday person is covered under the Good Samaritin clause, basically if you stop to render care at an accident scene and do so in good faith you can not be sued for negligence, and it goes as far to give emergency care giver's protection if you are opperating in your scope of duty and do no harm to the patient as a result of negligence (I.E. if I gave someone breast ogmentation in the back of the ambulance and that person died = screwed:dunno: ) I know in Germany you have to take a basic first aid coarse when you get your driver's license wich I think is awsome in the U.S all you have to do is have the ability to stick up your middle finger:rant2:

13. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

isnt it if you see someone choking and you dont help them they die and you get sued heavy?

You like being a paramedic? Im slightly interested in driving the ambulance (lence?)

14. Peace

Peace pedocrab

haha yeah i could definitely handle being an ambulance driver! but dunno bout when we arrive... hehe nah that pretty lame cos i would probably end up hurting more ppl on the way to the scene, specially the way i drive! I just like the fact you can do whatever the fuck you want in order to get to the scene asap, whether it be driving over the median strip to the wrong side of the road, mounting the curb or goin on the foot path! I reckon they should have big 4 wheel drives for the ambulances. Those GMC ones are a bit dodgy, we now have big vans here.

In australia they are testing out making ppl take an advanced driving course when they get their license (no not learning how to drift or take corners and high speeds) but how to handle a car when out of control or in sketchy conditions. I do like that first aid course thing in Germany.
    Peace

edit: http://www.ambulance.net.au/ go there and take the "crash course" if you want some help in what to do in those situations, Check it out Trauma and let us know if its decent info, or if us aussies know what we are doing....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  15. randomrider

randomrider Guest

If you want a real rush. Go get ur RN like I did and do Life Flight rotations. I'll take flying in the death star anyday over a box.