back pain advice

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Nikolai, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

My lower back has been steadily getting stiffer and sore-er over the last month. I took about three months off this winter from riding and I didn't allow myself to ease back into riding when I started up again.
    I saw a doctor today, not because my back pain is debilitating, but because I want to make sure I don't end up with chronic problems down the road.
    The doctor told me three things, and I bet this will apply to a lot of you who also experience some low back discomfort.

1. My back muscles are super big and stong, my abs are not. I need to do crunches, situps, twists and other ab stuff regularly to keep them up to speed with my back

2. My hamstrings and Glutes (butt muscle) are really really inflexible. They are putting extra strain on my back muscles. I need work on flexibility in those muscles--flexability will put less of a strain on the back.

3. I need to stretch my back out before and after a ride.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

The first time in over 4 years of riding trials has been recently, all because I started to stand up more while on the rear wheel. It's a lot better while your riding, but afterward I'm fucked.

Maybe its because i pulled it when i was realy hung over.

3. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

i was told a similar thing by a doctor a while back. I think streching is the key to trials as you have more flex for larger moves and also your muscles won't be hurting as much.

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

I have lower back problems. I went to see the chiropractor which helped. But what really helped me out was getting a massage done at the same time. I now go once a week for a massage & twice a week for chiropractor.

Stretching in the morning, and whenever you can to keep your body flexible really helps. Also what I do during the day is sit on the edge of the chair & flutter my legs, it sort of realigns your back & stretches the muscles as well. Older you get, the stiffer your back will be...I'm feeling it :down:

5. Elan

Elan steve french

6. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Like as if you were kicking in water...kinda looks gay doing in the cubicle but I can feel an immediate relief.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

so..this does what? pops your back or what? i would try it but i fear becoming any more gay. haha

8. Cole

Cole New Member

My back bothered me a little back in the XC running and racing days. Since then, I've taken pilates and gymnastics classes and joined a crew team, so my back and abs got a lot more flexible and stronger and I feel great. Pilates really helps - :yum: . Hot girls too! :rofl: