auto body work

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Nikolai, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Last evening my 98 Toyota Corolla was parallel parked on the street in front of my apartment and two (2) cars crashed into it. The left rear door and left rear quarter panel were hit directly, and the entire trunk is smushed over to the side. Also, the right rear tire, which was up against the curb, was folded underneath the car.

I'm really pissed.

My insurance is talking about "totaling" the car. As I understand it, that means that the cost of repair will be more than the value of the car, so they will pay whatever is less. I don't know if this is the appropriate way to gauge it, but in the Sacramento Bee classifieds, 98 corollas are going for 4-5k. I think there might easily be that much damage.

It would be a real shame to send her to the crusher. I drove across the country in this car. I drove to Colorado twice and Mexico and Canada. I had the windows shot out of it by some thug, and I was locked out of it in December in the middle of nowhere in Northern Arizona. This car is a good friend and it would be a real shame to loose her. Lets all hope she pulls through.

2. netto

netto New Member

my corolla is busted tooooo
    sum guy drove in the opposite lane, hit me, and left
    im hoping it costs more to repair than the car
    then i can get a new car

3. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

If there is that much damage the car might never drive like it used to. It is possible to get the insurance money and then buy the car back from the insurance for cheap. Then you can try to fix it up yourself if you know people in the repair business or if you can do most of the stuff yourself.

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

It depends on whether you signed your insurance on agreed or market value as to how much money you will get.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

get a real car. sheesh

6. halfazn

halfazn Member

that sucks about your car man, hope you make out well though. If you do have to get another car go VW.... I have 3. check out www.vwvortex.com for used ones.

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I know that some insurance companies won't let you buy the cars back. It depends on who you go through. State Farm allows it, but I know Progressive doesn't...

8. offroad84chevy

offroad84chevy Member

Yea but if it got hit that hard it probaly wontdrive the same. Maybe a constant pull that wont go away or somthing. id total it.