australian sunday ride

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by PaulG, Apr 6, 2004.

1. PaulG

PaulG Releasing the Kitties

andy starting a gap sequence
    [​IMG]

and gapping off the slope
    [​IMG]

further on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gapping to the log
    [​IMG]

turned
    [​IMG]

riding along
    [​IMG]

joe at impact on a large wall
    [​IMG]

the chipped out part is at 51 inches top at like 53 or 54
    [​IMG]

he made rubber to the 51 inch part but couldn't get the roll up
    [​IMG]

big side hop
    [​IMG]

stuck on a rock, lines was from the middle rock on the left turn on that rock and back to the largest on the left
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

same side hop it is about 41 inches not bad i reckon
    [​IMG]

quotes of the day
    "the arse is the most important part of trials, just put it where you want to go" - joe brewer

"i think my brain is too big for my skull..." - joe brewer

2. sebLG

sebLG New Member

awwwsome i like. damn you melbourne riders need to make more videos. nice photo's, really, love em.

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

nice pics Paul.

4. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 Guest

sweet pics paul!

Michael

5. alexm

alexm Member

damn, joe is a sk8 helmet, whats going on? i got used to it by the end of the sequence of photo's though. i love that kid, he is damn good. Thanks Paul!

Alex

6. pav

pav New Member

hey when and where was this ride man?

please tell me next time i want to come when andy comes!

fuck joe is going big now!

hey is joe off his old Hot S on the back and is that a hutchy on the rear again, i just noticed that becuase i remeber he wasnt goign that big on his last hutchy

pav

7. PaulG

cheers guys yea sorry man i only knew he'd be there when he turned up it was a pretty shabily orgainised ride lol.

yea joe in a sk8 helmet still looks odd to me he bought a bmx and wanted to fit in :greddy2: hehe

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

damn there was some crazy ups!
    sweet pictures too

9. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

is joe riding that tyre cos i finally got it back to ant after about a hundred years?

sorry mate :)

i will come to Camby at some stage to ride, sometime, someday.

Sweet pics though mate.

10. PaulG

you better come to camby some time this is your first warning mister

11. Alan

Alan Guest

awsome pics paul as always. Thank you ! :eek:

12. OTAdmin

When's that D70 coming Paul, and do you have any special glass for it yet?

13. PaulG

hehe the D 70 comes when the money comes pretty much
    i have half of it now and get the full amount when with income in a couple of weeks(starting my own business so i dunno how long till a decent income lol)

as for glass hmmm i must say that was the one thing i would regret about the D70 no white but i had a play in the shop with my CF and just the stock 18mm-70mm 5 3.5-4.5 and i don't hate that lense it's clear and there is no noticable fall away wide open at 18mm. i think my first non kit glass purchase will be a fast prime i'm thinking the 50mm 1.4 D. then a longer zoom i had my heart set on a 70 200L when i was about to get the cannon so around the same lengths would be nice but the 2.8 of the L glass isn't essential i just wanted big white glass hehe

whet is your lense setup on the 300D and what do you shoot trials with most, i have only ever shot trials with P+S with 0 zoom so my zoom has been my legs. i'm assuming i'll leave the kit lense at 18 alot of the time for some wide action and i was hoping for the speed of the 50mm prime to be a jumping around madly triggering the shutter type lense whish would suit trials. i also ask becasue i'm a bit of a gear head at heart and wouldn't mind a perv on your stuff :joshers:

14. OTAdmin

The only two lenses I have are the 18-55 kit and a 50mm 1.8 prime lense. Which lens I use really depends on where I'm shooting and what shot I'm looking for. The 50mm is nice for low light situations (duh :p), but it also keeps you quite some distance from the rider. If shot wide open you can get some background blur which is kind of nice for portrait type shots. This lens typically sees action towards the end of the day when I'm trying to stop the action and the sun is going down. The 18-55 is awesome for all day shooting because it gives you a nice wide-angle and you can get really close to your subject. Future lenses when I have the money will be a 15mm fisheye, a wide-angle prime (20-24mm) with a nice big aperture (at least 2.8) for night shots, and either a 70-200L or a sigma 50-500. These are a long ways off, because as of right now I don't have money for anything. Overall, I'd say the 18-55 sees more action than the prime lens, but they both have their specific purposes.

Bill

15. PaulG

16. OTAdmin

ahh, similarly spec'd to the 70-200L, similar price and everything :). I really like nikon glass as well; I have a nikon scope on a rifle of mine, and its the best glass on any of my guns.

The fish would definitely be nice, such huge wide angles are possible... you can really get a lot of background in the picture. I'll have one eventually, hopefully within a year.

Bill