Austin Group Ride Plan- March 26, 27, & 28th

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sonic, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

David Weyman posted this in a thread that got way off-topic so here it is all again.

Post here what youre able to do and start to plan where youll be staying.

Im coming in early Saturday morning and leaving Saturday night, I just need to know where to meet Saturday. Will it be best if we all just meet at the McCall's place that day and leave? Or do we actually want to plan a spot and meet there?

McCall's, wherever most people plan to meet I can work on detailed directions and post them, like I did with the Dallas directions. If someone can give me an address or something to work with Ill be more than happy to do that again.

Cant wait. :eek3danc:

2. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I will probably be there. Pretty sure Saturday but hopefully Friday also. Are we riding Sunday also? That would be cool also.

Dont count me out on the sleeping order just yet though. Hopefully I can talk my way into going Friday also.

Dustin, dont you use pink for the arrows! :joshers:

3. txtrials

txtrials Guest

Ill be there - Saturday for sure.

Whats the schedule of events, so to speak?

4. Sonic

I hear there are plans to ride all 3 days if some are willing. I think Seth and I are both leaving Saturday night though, so we're probably out of the Sunday riding.

Whatever makes you more comfortable Aaron, is purple ok? :greddy2:

5. uownme

haha your too funny Dustin!

6. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Yeah, Stan and I getting in friday evening with time to ride that night, then we're leaving saturday night.

7. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

Ill be getting in thursday, and staying with my friend jon, and not leaving till the following monday, so im in for every day.............

8. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

I think we should meet back at Zilker Park Saturday morning, like 10 am ish, so some guys can ride shiprock and maybe we could go up the trail to more rocks, once everyone trickles in and all.(It is a cool place 2 ride while waiting 4 all 2 show up...you know?) Then head up 2 Bull Ck....City Park......hit some UT? Downtown?...who knows...

My cell # is 512.775.8614 if u r lost or need info or a mentor/shaman.

9. uownme

Count me out...
    Came home to late Saturday night and my parents just told me I cant go anymore...

10. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

Aaron,
    I talked to my girlfriend and we'll adopt U so you can blow off school, party all night, and ride trials all day.....
    Talk to your folks.

11. Liquid

Liquid Guest

Hey, I talked to my wife, she says you can adopt me if Aaron doesn't come through... :bigthumb:

-will

12. Hardline

Hardline Member

I did not think I would be able to go because of the upcomming race on Saturday night. Come to find out it is in a little town called Kyle which is supposed to be just South of Austin. I am trying to work it out to where I could do both.(ride and race) JJ

13. [BMF] Chris

has anyone heard of the green belt in austin, my dad said there some uber huge rocks on that trail...........

14. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Yeah Chris, ..actually Zilker Park is part of the Greenbelt.. If you go up the trail a little bit, you can ride at a place called Campbells Hole. If it's dry enough the natural that gets exposed is killer. Gaps, drops, crevaces, boulders, etc.. Definitely one of my favorite spots. Hopefully it will be dry for you guys

15. uownme

I think I will be in Houston this weekend. My mom is taking me and she is the one that is hard to crack on crap like this. Maybe she will let me goto Austin on Saturday but its doubtful. I will see what happeans..

16. Sonic

There's been a motion to move this ride to the next weekend, 4/2 - 4/4. If youre cool with that, say aye! :p

Im an aye either way, just one or the other, it'd be cool to ride with Patrick again.

17. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

im cool for whenever :joshers:

18. Hardline

Hardline Member

I am down with that. I am off of the racing for that weekend. For some reason the orginazation feels that when Nascar comes to town you have to stop what you are doing and go. I will be up for that.

19. [BMF] Chris

ummmmm, no, i have plans and im leaving wed morning, so, i dont want to be riding by myself, cant you just do two rides?

20. Edge

Edge New Member

A lot of people have already made plans for this weekend. Let's not change plans 2 days before the ride. I'm staying with the priginal plans. Leaving for Austin on Friday around 11:00.