ATTN: XTP owners...........Andrew, Kevin, ect......

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Sethbomb, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I originally ordered a 128 spindle length but they didn't have it, so MeanTodd switched it with a 127.5 try-all. I told him specifically that it was for a KoXX xtp, and that i wanted my bonz cranks to fit on the xtp, and he sends me this thing...cranks go on but one tooth on my 22t ring hits the chain stay, do I need to modify or is the bb too short?

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

3. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

hold on to that for me....I'll try to get it tomorrow.

4. Sonic

Will do, pulled it out and made sure I wasnt lying, but it's cool and it's yours. If youre real anxious, Ill be in Grapevine tonight for that skatepark thing, Ill bring it with me if youd like. Ill only charge one ride on the XTP. :sonic:

[​IMG]

5. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Yes I am very anxious, haven't ridden in almost two weeks.
    Please bring that........any chance of you coming into Dallas a little earlier?
    I may skip out of work early and want to build asap.
    All i am waiting on is that.......if it works.

6. Sonic

Dang, I cant say, Ill be at Meridian State Park till late today and then Im heading up to Grapevine to just make it for that skatepark deal. But I know how you feel, Ill keep in touch and see how I can modify my plans, but whatever I do I know it wont be before 8 that I could make it in. :(

7. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Maybe that helps..I'm running the Echo ff cranks with a fixed track cog, bb is a 122mm XT square taper. There is hardly any clearance between the teeth of the cog and the chainstay yoke. About 1-2mm. But it works. Crankarm-chainstay clearance is fine.

8. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Chris, are you running a 18-17 ratio with your ffw cranks?

9. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

18-17. Great ratio. Using that m'self. Tend to do 18-16 for urban though.

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

no, it's 18-16. That works fine for me

11. sebLG

sebLG New Member

just throw a couple spacers on ur bb should be fine, same thing happened to me on my oooolllddd echo es3. good luck.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

haha the EXACT same thing happened to me

13. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

seth0 if you can... do what people have said already. put a .5mm spacer on your driveside bb shell. maybe even a 1mm spacer. then switch to a 20t ring up front (try 18 in the back). that SHOULD take care of it. sorry i didnt get this posted sooner.

14. sebLG

sebLG New Member

if the chainring is only just hitting the stay (like it can still move but grinds massively into the frame) you dont need a smaller chainring i dont think, just spacer(s).

15. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The more spacers you use the more off center your pedals are going to be, compared to the center line of the bike. Use the spacers as a temporary solution and then get a smaller chain ring and get rid off the spacer.

16. WhiteRavenKS

yeah. i've always been really picky about feeling like i'm a mm away from being centered. :rofl:

the chainring will never hit the stay on an xtp... unless something goes horridly wrong. the chainstay yoke is the problem. it was designed around using a front free wheel which are a lot smaller (18's) than what most people can run on their standard cranks. by getting a smaller chainring (20) this will get you closer to what the frame is meant to be run with.

17. Sonic

Kevin, where do you get a .5mm spacer, just any LBS? And if you can post a pic of exactly where youre using that spacer that'd be great. Seth is at home and without a PC.

I gave him my 20 tooth ring last night, but he bolted it up and his Bonz bashgaurd started to touch the yoke.

Just post a reply and Ill call and tell him, unless you want to call him yourself.

18. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Sonic, did he get my stem? Hope it feels good..

19. WhiteRavenKS

the spacer has to go between the bb shell and the briveside bb cup shell. you can get them at a bike shop. they are the same size as cassette spacers so those will do also. grab a bunch (maybe 5mm worth in various sizes if he can). it took some tinkering time to get mine dialed with all the spacing and stuff. hope this helps

20. Sonic

XTP launch t-minus 5 or so minutes, adjusting chain.

Thanks Kevin, helped a lot.