Observed Trials banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will be 51 this year and bought an Inspired Element in August and an Echo mod in December. I am having so much fun just playing in my driveway. I also can't believe how much it helped my mountain biking skills.

·
Tonan
202 Posts
DJ, I'm 52, Jim C is 56, Luba is 49 we all ride together pretty often in South East CT bring your bike and come join us some time P.M. me your e-mail and I'll add you to our list. The young guys show us up when they appear once and a while, but its normally just the old guys.

·
El Blanco Magnifico Horrifico
96 Posts
Turning 45 this year and still hitting new milestones in my riding.
Awesome! I turn 39 this year. I'd been out of trials for 20 years and bought a mod bike last year in hopes of getting back into the sport for fun and fitness. I almost sold my bike due to back pain and bursitis in both shoulders 2 months in. I decided not to give up and started doing physio, stretching, eating paleo, and I quit drinking alcohol. I've lost 15 lbs, my shoulders and back are healthy and virtually pain free, and my riding is improving every day. Gotta say that the basic 2-minutes-per-day hamstring stretch (toe touch) was an instant cure for my back pain. It was surprising!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome! I turn 39 this year. I'd been out of trials for 20 years and bought a mod bike last year in hopes of getting back into the sport for fun and fitness. I almost sold my bike due to back pain and bursitis in both shoulders 2 months in. I decided not to give up and started doing physio, stretching, eating paleo, and I quit drinking alcohol. I've lost 15 lbs, my shoulders and back are healthy and virtually pain free, and my riding is improving every day. Gotta say that the basic 2-minutes-per-day hamstring stretch (toe touch) was an instant cure for my back pain. It was surprising!
can you share your 2 minute stretch? my back and neck's been hurting.. thanks in advance.

·
96 Posts
can you share your 2 minute stretch? my back and neck's been hurting.. thanks in advance.
Sure. I was having mid and lower back pain. The stretch is simple. You sit in the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and you lean forward and try to touch your toes with your finger tips. Don't overdo it. You want to have a mild stretching sensation and you want to hold it for 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes it helps to loop a belt or strap around the balls of your feet and hold the ends in your hands so that you can hold the stretch more easily. This will also stretch your calves. I do this 3 days a week after my workout and I have not had back pain since I started doing it. I hope it helps!

Another stretch that helps neck and back is called Static Back. It is hard to explain. But here is a link to it: http://www.sonima.com/fitness/static-back/

If you can afford it and if you have a clinic in your area or nearby, I highly recommend Egoscue therapy. It turned my life around a couple of years back when I was having some serious myofascial pain. I've also seen it take virtually bedridden people to chest-high box-jumps in a matter of months. It is the fountain of youth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure. I was having mid and lower back pain. The stretch is simple. You sit in the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and you lean forward and try to touch your toes with your finger tips. Don't overdo it. You want to have a mild stretching sensation and you want to hold it for 2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes it helps to loop a belt or strap around the balls of your feet and hold the ends in your hands so that you can hold the stretch more easily. This will also stretch your calves. I do this 3 days a week after my workout and I have not had back pain since I started doing it. I hope it helps!

Another stretch that helps neck and back is called Static Back. It is hard to explain. But here is a link to it: http://www.sonima.com/fitness/static-back/

If you can afford it and if you have a clinic in your area or nearby, I highly recommend Egoscue therapy. It turned my life around a couple of years back when I was having some serious myofascial pain. I've also seen it take virtually bedridden people to chest-high box-jumps in a matter of months. It is the fountain of youth.
thanks man! the simple stretch really worked. i woke up this morning, can feel my lower back stiff and a bit painful, i laid there read this email/post, decide it to try it go before i even get out of the bed. just a quick stretch and pain went away.. freaking awesome. will try the other way later on.. thanks again!! getting old has its prices.. lol..

·
96 Posts
thanks man! the simple stretch really worked. i woke up this morning, can feel my lower back stiff and a bit painful, i laid there read this email/post, decide it to try it go before i even get out of the bed. just a quick stretch and pain went away.. freaking awesome. will try the other way later on.. thanks again!! getting old has its prices.. lol..
So glad it helped!!

·
They see me rollin'
835 Posts
38 year old and my kids love to make slo-mo videos of me

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAu_Zl21FCc[/ame]

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I'll be 59 this June, and someone gave me this sweet ECHO So...Goodbye shins...hello bumps, bruises and hematomas
hi befoot i'm 64 and can't wear enough pads. ankle to over knee, hip, elbow/forearm but when i go down which we all do i get back up without the bone bruise pain which can last a year or more, Judging by my left shinguard a 1000 less stitches that i,d have. cover them all up with my moto trials gear and go have fun. favorite pad the maxi!! lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
You only need the maxi pad if you have no seat. I wear depends so it doesn't matter anyway.

Nice looking Echo by the way!~

·
Registered
3 Posts
back at it

Been away from trials riding for over 10 years.... just bought a used Koxx Kenny Belaey trials bike today, 35 years old, and it was reading this thread that made me commit to wanting to get back at it!

Now the slow process of realizing i am not as good as i used to be with regards to riding trials... of well... small steps

Looking forward to searching through this site for good tips and encouragement!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
96 Posts
Been away from trials riding for over 10 years.... just bought a used Koxx Kenny Belaey trials bike today, 35 years old, and it was reading this thread that made me commit to wanting to get back at it!

Now the slow process of realizing i am not as good as i used to be with regards to riding trials... of well... small steps

Looking forward to searching through this site for good tips and encouragement!

Thanks!
I took 20 years off and got back into it at 38 last year. I don't have the stamina or strength that I had when I used to ride, but I find that I am smoother now and that I am more comfortable doing things with my bad foot forward. Also, having the internet as a resource has exposed me to techniques that I never knew about when I was younger. I really think I am going to be a better rider than I was back then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great thread!

"60 and just starting..." "59 this June" "64 and can't wear enough pads.." 52, 56, 49....

WOW.

After 10 years of my old Monty x-Hydra just sitting and rusting in the barn, I carried it back to the house, bought some new parts and got her rideable!

I'll be 56 this August - and I had a blast today just hopping around and playing on ONE little rock. Here is to many more years of this fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
So awesome to see so many gentlemen getting into/back into trials and riding in general. One of the main things I love about the riding community is that it transcends everything. I have made some amazing friends through riding and it always feels like we have known each other for years.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts