April 18th Competition

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by OTAdmin, Apr 18, 2004.

1. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I just wanted to say thanks to Kevin and everyone else that helped make the comp possible. I know Akira and Seth were in on it, and it was great to see them again. This was probably the funnest time I've ever had riding trials.

Seth was back from Texas and it was great to see him again. Akira hasn't been around much in the past year, so it was awesome to get to talk a bit with him. Theo didn't ride in the comp, but at least he has a trials bike again and rode afterwards.

I've met some people I've never seen before, like Andy M and Ty.

The sessioning afterwards was so much fun. So many people riding around in that smallish area and the weather turned out to be great down there too. There was some really creative stuff going on and it was just a totally relaxed atmosphere. No one ruining the mood with a prickish or negative attitude, it was just lots of fun :bigthumb:.

I know I'm leaving people out, but I just don't know who all showed up to build sections this morning. Thanks to everyone who made it possible, and thanks to everyone for showing up. There was a really great turn out, or at least more than I was expecting :). Hopefully everyone else feels the same way.

Bill

2. Elan

Elan steve french

word, it was cool to meet some new people like mattyR, seth, and akira. i would like to thank them for being awesome, even though i am retarded, haha.

like i said in the other thread, thanks kevin and seth..snyder? josh?... for setting up the sections, which rocked my world btw.

and it was cool to ride with everybody at the end...even though robbie had to school me. the atmosphere at trials comps is what keeps me going. righteous.

3. ty

ty Guest

i sure do, cant thank you guys enough, as matt said it was a great time :bigthumb:

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

That definetely showed how great our scene is. Not everyone who rides showed up, but there were shitloads of people none the less.

Big ups to the organizers- don't take my not competing the wrong way (i was a mess, $ not flowing either). Sections looked great, fantastic atmosphere and the session afterwards was great.

Bill R give me a call some time if you want to ride, I wouldn't of been trying some of those things if you weren't there to show me... 310-6741

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

First- thank you to all the competitors and all the people that showed up (i know a few couldnt because of other things going on- it happens). You guys made this a really great kick off to the colorado comp season and i really hope you are all looking forward to it as much as i am! the sections were super tough i think and this is reflected in some of the scores. i know the weather didnt help anything either. it sucked about the wind and being freezing cold. yesterday while scoping lines it was like 70 and light breezes... this morning it was snowing and like 30 while we were taping off stuff. Also want to thank Theo, Seth, and Bill (R) for helping me out this weekend with labor and input on section designs. The crappiest section at this comp was ten thousand times better than anything in the mountain states cup last year. im sorry there were no prizes there but i will be getting some for podium (top three) finishers by the next comp.

Results-
    Pro (calling this elite from now on) 26
    1. Bill Robinson - 23
    2. Kevin Shiramizu - 32
    3. Mike Snyder - 34

Pro (elite) 20
    1. Josh Stevenson - 39
    2. Mike Clark - 40

Expert 26
    1. Graham Wilhelm - 28
    2. Andy M (dont want to mispell it- please correct me) - 33
    3. Seth Lee - 39
    4. Patrick McNally - 40

Sport 26
    1. Ty Fenton - 33
    2. Bill Johnson - 42
    3. Ken Cleavland - 43
    4. Taylor (first comp!) - 44
    Elan- dnf

Great riding from everyone. the sections were tough as you can see from the higher than 'regular' scores. everyone did very well though and i was very impressed with all the riders.

im tired- i know im forgeting stuff...

6. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

big ups to all the people who put this together. Colorado rules. Plus this riding spot rocked. Holy shit, everytime you turn around in CO there is another sweet place to ride. I had a blast, hope to do it again sometime.

.......that session afterword was rediculously rediculous......everybody was pushing it, too much fun.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I think the comp on friday will be a perfect event, it will be like this one...but the whole point is who goes the biggest and flashiest- bring cameras.

8. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

Yea this event today was awesome. Even though I didnt have a bike it was still fun as hell (thanks elan for letting me use yours). Oh and thanks graham for the ride. Hopefully this comp on friday will be just as fun if not more so.

9. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Yeah, this was a great comp Kevin. As you can see from my score, I didn't do too well, but that doesn't mean I didn't have a blast. I thought the Expert sections were tougher than the Durango Finals last August, but they were good because they pushed us. Also, as you said the wind and cold made it pretty damn challenging at times..

Then after the comp, was awesome. That little area was like a trials utopia.. big round rocks, grass, sun, warm weather, etc... Good time all in all.

10. ty

ty Guest

kevin, my last name if Fenton, no worries :)

11. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

did any of that footage turn out well fromt he comp andrew? ty- thanks, i knew it was f something... damn my poor memory!

12. OTAdmin

He's getting a vid ready right now, and I'm going through a few pics, but I didn't take very many due to having to ride and all classes riding at the same time.

13. OTAdmin

14. ty

ty Guest

15. OTAdmin

ahaha, you have a pic right before I fell in the river. I still can't believe I missed that pivot :ugh: oh well. Thanks for the pics!

Bill

16. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Truly sorry I didn't make it. Looked like a really fun comp, and I'm very excited to see the high turnout of Colorado riders. This season is going to be better than the past few I think.

Two weeks of make up work plus a bum shoulder, so I had to miss it.

Gunnison in something like 25 days.

17. AndyM

AndyM New Member

18. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Kevin,
    Huge thanks are in session. I enjoyed the entire day! What a blast! everyone in this sport (around here) is damn cool. Going through the sections really taught me a lot (and what to learn).

My last name is Shull.

...and I got video footage... mostly of the Sport class, but at least I got Elan going into the drink and Bill moving boulders.