Anyone use Dazzle?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by B1105, Apr 6, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

I figured I'd ask here since many of you make those vids.
    Has anyone used that Dazzle thing that allows you to convert your normal camcorder into digital? Is it easy to use or one of those things that drive you nuts?

I'm looking for a cheap way to do some digital video editing without having to buy a whole new camcorder.

Thanks

Byron

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

Oh yea, I would use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit,so does Dazzle allow me to use other programs, or do I have to use that Pinnacle program they give me?

I just want to be able to convert my camcorder film into mpeg, avid or some digital form and edit it with another program.

Also, how is the transfer quality with Dazzle?(from camcorder to computer)

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea sorry for posting so many times,
    But from the Dazzle website, it says:

4GB for every 20 min of video captured. ?

Isnt 4 GB a little much or is this just some messed up conversion?

4. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Sorry I don't know anything about Dazzle, but I just checked the documentation I got with my Pinnacle Studio 9 and it says that it takes, 3.6mb for every second of capture. Which is (if I'm doing my math correctly..) 3.6 gig for every 16.6 min. of video.
    About the same as 4 per 20.

I would think that you would be able to use Premier with your Dazzle or any AD converter, as long as it converted to a format supported by both.

5. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

it means 4gb/20mins when its uncompressed. when you compress it into something like divx etc it gets way smaller.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Can I compress files in like Premier or Pinnicle, or do I need another program?

7. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

ive got that dazzle thing, it works good as far as i know, i try not to use the softwear it comes with though, which you wont be so..and yea you can compress it in another program. pinacle is the thing i dont use cuz i couldnt find how to compress it and i didnt feel like using it...

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hows the quality when it converts from a camcorder to your computer?

9. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

its average, ive got one, nothing too special, but its really not bad, espically after seeing some of the vids that come out of the UK........

10. Brian222

Brian222 Guest

I have it it works, good the picture quality is pretty good too. :eek:wned: