Anyone use Adobe Premier for editing?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by breakoutstout, Dec 17, 2004.

1. breakoutstout

breakoutstout New Member

I'm wondering if anyone uses Adobe Premier for video editing and posting .wmv clips to this sight. I've been wanting to make some vids of west coast riders and post em up for quite some time...

Just burned an older version of Adobe Premier 5.1 and wondering if I should get a more recent version or if this one is fine? Any tips are greatly appreciated, I know Kevin Shiramizu has this stuff down to a science, pretty sure he uses windows to make videos.. Whats up Kevin! Anyways, I know that sometimes programs have drastic changes from one version to the next.

Thanks to any riders who can respond, peace.

phiL

2. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

I use 6.0..... works fine.....that is all

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

fine.

Kevin likes macs. Final cut pro.

4. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

i have 7.0, and to make them .wmv i open the video in windows movie maker and then just save it again there

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

ive used premier pro/after effects and final cut hd. i prefer my mac with fcp.

for bike videos, 5.1 is still more program than you need. real time rendering and some effects are about all that has changed since 5.1. there is other stuff but nothing i can think of that is really applicable to bike vids. have fun and i look forward to some vids coming from ya phil!

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

as long as its got star wipes, don't fuck with it.

7. breakoutstout

breakoutstout New Member

cool cool

alright! this is really good info, thanks! yes, for bike videos i'm not asking much.

Hey Kevin, what does real time rendering do? does it make the process faster? is it going to be like watching ice melt if I don't have that real time rendering?

Yo Andy, what are star wipes? is that some type of hollywood special effect?

-phiL

8. WhiteRavenKS

star wipes are what all the ballers in h-wood use. then there is the star zap transition like they used in the super friends cartoon. zshhoo zshooo zshoooewww!

real time rendering takes a balls ass computer to run well. my laptop is not a bad computer but for real time rendering of stuff it is like a lawn mower when you need a farrari. obviously the more computer you have behind video software the better it will do but you probably are not going to be sitting there for hours waiting for a fade to render. it may take a while to export but that you can just set up and let it run, go get lunch or sleep.

9. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I use Pro. I used the other ones and find Pro the nicest.

The newer ones you don't have to wait for your effects you add in to set up. The old ones have to build a preview before you can see what the effect did. It's a pain in the ass if you get right into it. The new ones also let you add titles to an actual pic so you aren't guessing.

On my computer it takes the same amount of time or less to export a video as it takes to watch it I think. Is that fast or slow?

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

pro won't work with older amd processors...like mine :wtc:

to do real time rendering of real films I would probably need a few hundred pounds of ram.

ps
    6.5 lets you do this :dunno:

11. digby

digby New Member

Hes got a amd xp 2600 with a gig of ddr 400 and a western digi drive 8mb cache 7200 rpm.

12. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I believe I said newer ones, as in more than just pro??? Like I said I've used em all. I know 6.5 does it.

13. WhiteRavenKS

sounds like his computer should handle real time rendering.

brett- my laptop is super duper slow at exporting. to the coust rouch cut- i think that was what 13 minutes long? it took 3 hours to export. its slow when compressing. if yours does it about as fast as the video is long then your stuff is hauling.