Anyone Ever Had Their Car Stolen?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by BrettM, Nov 22, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Just had my truck taken last night. Joyridden up the mountain near by and looks to be a write off. Stuck my finger in a good size hole in the transfer case. The dude who towed it said it was loud as fuck. Sorta sucks because I spent months finding the most pristine Toyota 4x4 I could of that year, which is hard, and all the 4x4 dudes I hang out with have yet to see one in that good of condition.

So ya, just venting a bit. Anyone ever had any good come of it?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

sounds like they had a good time... hope you get mad moneys and can afford a real truck

3. poutine

poutine Guest

Dude thats uncalled for.

Nop sorry Brett.

Hope insurence doesn't fuck with you too much.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

did i say anything offensive? i think not.

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

It's not the basic Toyota truck. Its the last year where it was an suv type deal, but with basically a canopy. Its pretty much a convertible truck with rear seats.

I don't know what a "real" truck is. Things are a lot different here in BC than your parts for 4x4. You can have your big monster truck with all the susp. and motor and whatnot and you are screwed. Its nothing but trees here. You need small.

I bought exactly what I wanted. If I wanted something new or something else I would have bought it. It wasn't an issue of what I could afford at the time.

They had a hell of a time it looks like. I actually filled the tank right before parking it. Rolling papers and bits of weed everywhere. Few beer cans.

I'll find the link to the crazy toyota engine test. These things have a motor reputation above anything else.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

monster trucks. bahaha. america hasa really bad rep? i live in nothing but trees. narrow ass jeep roads. same exact stuff as you prolly.

i was just hinting that a toyota with a chevy drive gear is a lot better and that i hate toyotas

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Not really. Most people who know nothing just assume that the super big truck is more capable in any situation than a little Toyota or Jeep or whatever. I figured you were maybe implying I needed something crazy and goofy.

I'm not really into the whole 4x4 deal. I'd love to get into it, but not in that truck. I'd get the typical beat up older Toy with a solid front axle. I only wanted it for the odd, small off road run to go paryting. The majority of the reason why was for the bomb proof motor and its killer on gas.

8. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

ok, i dont own one, but i am a big 4x4 offroad truck fan and i know the significance of what you just lost man. thats a damn shame! if you want a good offroad vehicle, the toyotas are at the top! the older ones in specific. they are small, light, and built like a freakin tank! you beat em and beat em and they will just refuse to die! i wouldnt choose anything else if i was to go for a truck that i would use in rough terrain! i have a particular sweetspot for the '79 - '81 model of the pickup when it still came with a solid front axle.

i feel for ya bro! hope you can get something in return for that kinda loss!

-RS

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

99% of the shit you say is offensive, you're a dick. PERIOD

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

They come solid front up to '84, '85 and up was ifs.

I wish I could find this video. You would definately appreciate it. They grab a farm truck with a ton of kms and whack it with a wrecking ball, dump it in the middle of the ocean, blow up a huge building with it on the roof, and a ton of other things, and the thing drives away from everything.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

12. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

guess what. you are gay.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

14. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

i know, but i like the body style of the years i mentioned better though (they changed it after '81 i think. indeed i would enjoy that video!

i remember reading an article on a toyota landcruiser (one of two) that was found in an old logging camp in the mountains (in b.c. i believe). they had to bring them up there in peices and it wasnt worth the trouble to bring em back down so they just left em in an abandoned quanset hut. the guy who found them 30 years later, found the keys in the hut and tried to start it up on a 30 year old battery and tank of gas, and it started up on the first try and ran beautifully! he ended up getting a friend to airlift one out for him for personal use!

-RS

15. atypical

atypical Guest

That BC bud? Im no CSI but it has 25%thc or so- It baffles me they were stoners- on the otherhand, if they're being childish it prolly wasn't the good stuff. Anyway, I have had a buick lesabre(no laugh) stolen and stripped. Found it with the door locks popped but still hanging on by the wires- funny thing is it wasn't locked!

16. Burn

Burn Guest

Yeah Brett, that would be wicked if you could find the video of that Toyota.. I saw it once and I think it's off the show 5th Gear?

If I were going to get a new truck I'd get a Toyota. Fords suck.. Mopar just puts the Hemi into everything..

"Push it, push it real good!" <---Toyota commercial.

17. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Haha. I don't think anyone in BC is interested in bud from outside of BC. Its kinda funny that the cops spent the morning doing fingerprints and what not, but left the scissors and rolling papers and bits of bud all over the seat.

The jist of it was the CFL Grey Cup was on Sunday. There was a pretty intense party down the road. It got that night. I knew a couple people who were there and should have the names pretty quick.

Normally I use the club on the thing. Its a pretty well known fact that the older Toyotas will start with most anything you can put in there. I started it with a dime before. Keys to open it are a little tougher, but a Toyota key or older GM usually does the trick.

I'm praying that insurance will cover it. Doesn't sound likely, but I'm hopin. All the local 4x4 guys are already trying to figure out ways to get ahold of it if its a write off. You can get close to a grand just for the motor that moves the rear window up and down.

18. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

holy crap! ya, get what you can from the insurance company and try to find a way to salvage everything you can man!

-RS

19. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I had a car stolen once, bastards just drove it around in the same city (town - 200,000 population *roll* the Capital Town of Australia) for two weeks with stolen plates until they were pulled over for speeding. Had $2000 worth of heroin in the centre console when pulled over and 2 of the four people in the car had outstanding arrest warrants. They didn't try to run, which I'm thankful for. Car was fine, except for some custom packing tape speed stripes (wtf ?!) and lots of dirty clothes and rubbish all through it. Very lucky. Very funny in hindsight.

Off-roading can be really fun though, if I could have any vehicle, I would want a utility/truck which was barely big enough to fit two people and two bikes, and had enough off-road ability to get me and a mate to the trailhead/trials spot on as little fuel as possible. I think a suzuki mighty boy with custom bike rack is the go.

my 0.02

- joel

20. KyleT

KyleT Guest

It sure does