Anybody know what this is

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mhoulmont, Oct 17, 2004.

1. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

Its a Syntace, cool german company. There trials frames arent really represented in the US, IMO< they are super overpriced, like 800 USD or something.

3. Genital Apparatus

Genital Apparatus I like dirt.

It says so on the link you provided.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

omg. i ahve never seen that thing

repost :eek:

5. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

Could you imagine if you dented the tube? It'd be like pinchflatting, but you'd pinch-frame.

Pedal up to bashguard and miss......BONNNNGGGG hissssssssssssssssssssssss.

:)

I guess it makes sense, though....higher air pressure, stiffer ride. Lower = flexy
    I'm just guessing on this, but I can't imagine you'd get that much difference, especially being that it uses cnc'd chainstays that appear to have no place for air.

6. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

One benefit: automatic detection of any cracks in the main triangle. Interesting approach.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

maybe next they will inject frames with silicone so they have more bounce. :momaru:

8. sharpe

sharpe Guest

sorry about the useless post, but that's some dumbass shit! i thought frames were not meant to be sealed for some reason?
    although it's a different idea i believe it is DUMB! what's wrong with good olde traditional non inflated frames?

9. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

they keep antimatter in it, that way it makes it lighter.

10. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

oehler rode one quite successfully last year. in theory its pretty cool.

11. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

in theory? what theory?.. presurizing ur downtube does what?....

12. felix

felix New Member

It's a Syntace frame. Thomas Öhler used to ride it.
    The valve is there to pressurize the downtube to make it less prone for dents.
    You can only inflate the downtube, not the whole frame.

[​IMG]

13. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

maybe they'll inject some slime sealant in the frames to help seal up frames when they crack

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

That is the dumbest thing i have seen on a trials frame. Has anyone actualy cracked a frame because they dented it? And if it was a brisa it doesnt count.

15. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

In theory - yes.

Dents try to 'shorten' the underside of the tube, creating more stress at the corner of the weld, up by the head tube (and the BB shell to, i guess, but frames dont tend to go there)

As Felix said, Thomas used to run one. I think he ran it without 400PSI, and his mate ran one with the downtube pumped up. The dent resistance was better with the extra pressure. Groovy. Cant see it catching on though.

16. netto

netto New Member

seems smart
    but a bit pointless

17. Peace

Peace pedocrab

i reckon its cool, does nothing bad to the frame so why not...? also its a hot frame that has VEES!! i like the look of those forks too... or are they just re sprayed koxx forks? i do like the frame though... wish they were affordable.
    you could fill it with that foam gap filler shit.... dunno what that would do but im sute it would make it super dent resistant and ultra silent (not that frames are loud...) fuck i dunno.
    I like it
    Peace
    did i mention i like it..?

18. IBK

IBK Guest

syntace

syntace makes extremely high quality frames, very light (lighter than the xtp) and stiff. the only bad thing imo are the chainstays, which are too long (400mm). the fork isn't a sprayed koxx, it 's from syntace, also very stiff and light. a framekit (frame, fork, headset) costs about 500 euro in austria/germany.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  19. Vox

Vox Guest

so what material of that frame?

And does it really works - to pump the downtube??

400 psi - kinda bomb between legs :)

20. Yurich

Yurich New Member

that is a low BB