Any other FLORIDA riders still exist?

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Shipley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Any other trials riders still in Florida? Orlando area even?

So it's been about 10ish years I was away from trials, but finally got back on a bike maybe 10 months or so ago now (thanks WiscoRider). Have one other guy that rides with me that has just gotten started again too after about the same amount of time.

We used to head down to Ft Lauderdale and Miami pretty often to meet up with a few guys down there. Over to Tampa once in a while too.

At this point him and I are the only two guys I know of that still ride around here. Came across a guy on here RedBeard who looks to be in Orlando but haven't gotten a hold of him. Drop a reply here if anyone's out there.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Good to see you back !!

3. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Thanks. Good to be back and riding again. Really didn't think I'd be able to pick it back up as much as I have so far man. Really good to see some of you guys that inspired me back when I found this place are still riding when you can too. Life has a habit of getting in the way at times.

Should be out in Colorado either Denver or Boulder around May and trying to see if I can bring the bike along but that's a different story. I'll keep bumping this thing once every day or so to keep the lights on and see if anyone else shows up here too.

4. aaccjosh

aaccjosh Active Member

there should be the Fort Collins/La Porte comp in May, short drive from Denver or Boulder

5. NateE

NateE wtflol

If a guy from Jacksonville named Chris tries to hit you up for a ride....you shouldn't do it....dude is a shitbag. He probably won't meet with ya though cause he's too lazy to drive anywhere and/or his car will break down...but if he does...you want to avoid him like the plague...

6. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Nate I'll keep that in mind heh.

Josh thanks for the tip. Not sure how much of a comp rider I'll be these days but sounds like a good time. Even if I don't make the comp hopefully I can get some riding in up there. Andy and the whole OG crew on this site helped inspire me for years and always wanted to get out there to ride.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've been out of Fort Collins for about 10 years, still riding but not much trials right now due to injury.. but getting much stronger, soon enough.

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Yeah getting older sucks man. I have pains in things I didn't know existed and in spots I didn't expect for another 10-20 years but you beat yourself up skating and biking this long and I guess it happens. Just going to keep riding as long as I can and try to keep do some better housekeeping with these old bones.

Still lookin for more riders around Orlando/FL in general if you're out there.

9. JimmyV

JimmyV New Member

I haven't been on the forum in a long time, but there are two of us here in Jacksonville...neither of us are the above mentioned Chris. There used to be another guy in Jacksonville Beach, but he moved to an area with mountains and rocks. In fact, I think he had some type of connection with the city council here...as soon as he left, they tore down all of the ledges, planters, handicap ramps, picnic tables, park benches...basically, everything that wasn't flat.
    Downtown Orlando looks like it may have some interesting stuff.? If you're still around, let me know.

halfazn likes this.