another vid of the German championship

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by felix, Aug 23, 2004.

1. felix

felix New Member

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Thats the best mod video I've seen in a long time. I actually kept some interest for the whole thing! For some reason or another, I usually like the Stock videos more, but this one was very nice!

3. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Loved those bank sections. To watch, not to ride :p. And the treeroot section was awsome aswell.

4. Orkje

Orkje New Member

Definitely the best mod vid I've seen so far! It really shows how difficult and rewarding natural riding can be. And it proves how hellishly hard a "simple" slope in the woods can become when you put some markers on it :p

5. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

Probs one of the best mod vids around, i usualy find them to fidgety (if thats how you spell it) but he seemed to have smooth flowy styles. Sam

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

marco is my favorite mod rider to watch in the world... this video just proves why. i cant believe the nasty run ups and how well he spots lines to get his bike around. thanks for sharring felix!

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

That guy is sick as hell. When the vid 1st started, I thought there was gonna be a song cause of the squeeling of his brakes, LOL. What kinda brakes set-up is he running, obviously HS33, but pads and a grind? Can't tell from the vid...

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i would think bloxx with a grind. thats what he was running last time i saw him riding.

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Great video Felix. Like everyone has said, those sections looked mad hard, and still he rode them like it was nothing.

10. Ross

Ross New Member

Wow, that was impressive. It looked slippery.

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Thanks for another great covereage of the UCI comps. Those sections look pretty long...

12. chaloux

chaloux Party all the time.

Huh... Everything seems so easy to him. He just kind of floats around and cleans up. Very nice.

13. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

Marco Hösel = XXX
    anyone?

14. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

Wasn't that guy in the graz comp video too?

I definitely noticed his riding in that too. Yes floating is a good way to describe it.

15. felix

felix New Member

Marco uses Try-All rims, Koxx Bloxx and a very harsh grind.
    He grinds his rims very often and hardly ever uses his brakes to modulate.

16. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

I know this is a kinda late response to this thread but did he have to build that fork custom with the HS33 on the back of the fork or did he do that himself and what are the advantages and disadvantages to having it there?

17. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Koxx has always made forks like that.

18. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

when braking, the mounts are pressed against the fork legs, like on the rear where the mounts are pressed against the frame. Maybe it's stiffer or whatever, I don't know..