Another Texas group ride.............suggestion only.

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sethbomb, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Hey guys, I feel really left out since my bike is retarded and wouldn't let me ride saturday.
    I am thinking of doing a three day weekend in Austin/ strickly trials.
    ANyone available March 26th 27th and 28th? I think this is enough time to plan ahead.

* I am moving back to Oregon in early April so this will probably be my last chance for a huge group ride again. Austin is a fun place, perfect weather, and has tons of really cool natural. *
    post if you can. and someone get a hold of the McCalls....

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

My calendar is open that weekend and Ive added it. So Im a 70% "yes" right now.

3. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Good that makes three of us, Jeff doesn't know it yet but I volunteered him
    already so he's in.

4. Edge

Edge New Member

I was talking to Jack this morning about doing an Austin ride. That weekend sounds good to me. I will send some e-mails to the Austin boys and also to Aaron.

5. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

6. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

That's makes fo'

7. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Seth, where are you going to ride?

8. txtrials

txtrials Guest

I will be moving to California sometime around then but if I'm still in town, I'm in for sure.

9. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Patrick, we'll ride any where that's good, I can think of one good place for sure and I know the McCalls have lots of suggestions, also Dave W. is supposed to have some bad ass back yard with hours and hours of rocks in it.
    Do you have any suggestions?

10. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I heard Dave's place is pretty cool. City Park is pretty cool, so is Zilker Park.

Personally, I would ride UT campus and take my chances. The campus is over 40 acres and is some of the best stuff I've ever seen. If cops come, play stupid and just ride away.

11. uownme

they will actually give you a ticket? lets hit up natural

12. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

The ticket only applies to you if you're enrolled at UT..
    I drove through there today and there is so much stuff to ride

13. uownme

lets do it..UT one day, natural the next

14. David Weyman

You can ride UT on a weekday. We used to ride(flatland) alot on campus and they would come from nowhere and catch us. Two guys can ride there all day, in moderation, but a group will surely get booted off the 40ac. Austin has so many obstacles 4 trials you can park the car and ride all day. There's even a big bike shop near Zilker Park with a Schlotzkys next to it.

Is there a firm date 4 this ride?
    Anyone wanna put outa town riders up 4 the night/s?

15. uownme

Yea who is hosting the skinny guy again...I could always just stay at my aunts in SA then drive to Austin each time.....

16. Sonic

Ive got an Aunt and Uncle in San Antonio as well, but I also have a friend or two attending Southwest Texas in San Marcos, so I could probably house myself and another if I stay the night. Of course, why go through a ton of trouble when we could all probably easily get a hotel and split the cost 4 ways, it gets pretty cheap.

17. uownme

Thats what I was thinking...I wouldnt mind on the floor ethier.

As long as there is no gay playing... :ugh2:

18. David Weyman

I've got 5 spaces in the house and a huge tent for 2 outside with lots o room 4 camping. 1st come 1st serve, but do we have a firm date yet? I'm trying to get my girlfriend to go outa town that weekend. Maybe Oronde can put up some folks. Need a firm date though.....I forgot what Jeff/Seth said......end of March?

19. uownme

Yea, the last weekend in March I believe.

Brilliant idea on the camping! :squint: :cool:

20. Sonic

Speaking of gay, I hate this smilie. Yes, you can yell at me and say Im not comfortable with my sexuality, blah blah, but it looks like the smilie is checking people out, and on this board, that's mostly men! Bah! Normal "cool" smilie please! :p