another chain question

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Little Android Man, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

what the hell is wrong with my chain? ive broken it like 4 times since ive gotten this bike but its still like really new, its a kmc something..but today i completely destroyed it..like 4 links cracked, seperated and broke in half, bent..it was the gayest thing in the world. luckily i was just going forwards to get some speed up, but last week when it broke i ate shit on a wall so bad..fuck.

so whats the chain to buy? i noticed alof of people have that kmc something with the wierd little pointy plate lookin things..i dunno, whats best?

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

check your chainrings for burrs, check that chainline, make sure it isn't too tight (which, no chain is tighter than mine, guaranteed, and tis never snapped...fuck, I jinxed it.)

3. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

thast another thing though, my chainline is damn near straight, theres no burrs or anything...and its realy not all too tight either. maybe it is just an old chain? i know that before, for maybe a month the bottom of the chain would always be running along the bashguard...think it took off a bunch of metal or something? and i didnt oil it too much either, but it never seeemed to need it..

4. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

its the KMC KOOL chain.. its the best so far..

5. manimal

manimal New Member

I have a wipperman BMX grind chain on my monty.. its single speed though.. I know they make 7-9spd chains, might be an option..

6. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

I hear KMC chain OTHER then the KOOL is POS...read some of the mtbr.com reviews...they don't list KOOL there but other chain is listed as 2/5 stars.