Another balance issue

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by heggler9, Dec 12, 2004.

1. heggler9

heggler9 Guest

ok, so im starting to try and learn wheel switches and real drop offs and stuff, but i have real problems with any balance method other than a straight up track stand w/out brakes, is there any special way to practice rocking and little pivots and the little hops? how did you learn? thanks a bunch

2. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

my friend has been trying to learn to do the little hops and its proved pretty hard i guess. Just do a lot of practicing and youll get it eventually, if you are trying to hop or rock sideways i think i lean to the side i want to go and my bike follows. just prsctice and practice. when i want to stay up i trackstand or rock, the rocking is much more secure once you get used to it.

3. Ross

Ross New Member

I used to have a really bad tendency to try and trackstand on stuff that I shouldnt, i.e. having your front wheel up on an object and trying to trackstand. But ever since I started riding more natural, It taught me how to keep balance by using small hops and/or pivots. I suggest you try to find some rocks or something that forces you to use hops to correct for balance rather than a trackstand.