Another Austin Friday Nighter, 9/24

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by trialsian, Sep 22, 2004.

1. trialsian

trialsian Guest

6pm.... my suggestion is a pretty killer mound of broken concrete near my house (if it's still there when I go to work on Friday morning) and then over to the school in Travis Heights... both are near downtown. But I am open to suggestions!

2. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

sounds good to me... need some directions though wherever it is. lemme know.

3. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

im for it............

4. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

this sucks though.. i ordered all my new parts two days ago and won't be able to test em out until next weekend... damn damn damn. heh.

5. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

..just went to Bertha Casey Elementary by the new house.
    Ian, it's way better then the other school.

6. [BMF] Chris

someone call me, or ill forget.........

7. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

ian, i still need directions... call or whatever. 512-963-2303.

8. trialsian

trialsian Guest

The pile of concrete is a no-go... too much rebar and in my younger days, I would've ridden it anyways, but I can't tempt fate like that anymore. Anyways, thought I'd throw out one more idea... McKinney Falls State Park... it's about 10minutes outside Austin (literally). It is the same type of geology as Chris' Hole (formerly Campbell's Hole). I can't make any promises since I wasn't trialsin the one time I went there, but I think there's lots of potential. Aside from that, there's your typical public park urban stuff. Here's the link, although there's not many pictures: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/mckinney/

Othewise, we could stick with the Travis Heights School or Zilker is open this weekend (no ACL). Let me know what you guys are thinking and we'll decide by 5pm.
    Chris, you could drive to my house off Riverside (you know that street now don't you!?) if we go to McKinney and I could drive us from there. Dustin, McKinney is closer to Bastrop and before you hit the Austin traffic. Jeremy can you ride today?

9. [BMF] Chris

yea, whatever is fine, i get outa school at like 4 or 5 depending on what kind of cooking were learning about today, anywho, give me a call around then, and ill go to your house or something................

10. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Chris-Your school sounds pretty interesting... What's the job placement like once you graduate? How many people are in that school?

Ian- I think McKinney Falls has some good stuff. I rode XC there several years ago and remember some rocks and "Campbells hole-like terrain" surrounding the river. Hopefully the water level is low..

11. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

McKinney Falls

McKinney Falls is good for Trials.
    Let's meet at the FRONT GATE at 6:00.
    get directions from the link Ian posted.

12. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

TRavis Heights School is lame compared to Birtha Casey

13. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

Front Gate at 6:00 everyone?

14. jbrooks

jbrooks Guest

It's either $2 or $4 to get in.

15. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Rock on... Jbro's going...right? We'll hit Birtha later. I'll probably be there a little after six, so go ahead inside if you want and I'll find your car. Keep your cell phone with you. Chris, if you get this before you leave school, you can either drive straight there via direction from the site and mapquest, or I'll tell you how to get to my house off Riverside and you can go with me.

16. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Hopefully $2... otherwise, we all get into someone's trunk! OK... six o'colock at the gate.