alrights guys, need a scene report....

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by mikeschiavone, Dec 1, 2004.

1. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

whos the best right now. whos helping the most. what area is the best to ride. shops? teams? fill me in. Event Organizers? comp turnouts? vince h.?

thanks.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

negra you must be crazy.

Best riders...FTC: graham, robbie, cole, andrew
    Boulder: kevin, ??? who else still rides thar?
    Denver: :dunno:
    Co springs: mike

Each place has another 5-10 people who aren't "best" riders but are good guys to ride with of course. I probably forgot about people so sorry.

Teams? :ugh: Not that organized, the ftc crew rides/drinks/lifts like a real team. Good comrodareeee

FTC is a small town, very nice...college night life very relaxed, cheap drinking, tons of natural and enough urban to keep you busy

Boulder is a bit larger, more hills, more hippies...busy place, more expensive.

denver is the biggest, lots of stuff...fantastic night life... not the best riding for natural, plenty of ghetto urban (you would like it).

co springs is a shithole.

Kevin helps alot with everything, everyone is willing to help out. Me and kev both make movies a lot (when we aren't busy). The comp scene is heading more towards laid back area. It used to be all at ski resorts, piggy backing norba. Now its more like a group ride, we do have some serious comps though.

Group rides can be had at any time you want, each town has people to challenge you mike...group ride turnout has been lower than in the past, but it is winter....we still have random rides of 5-10 people every now and then but most people are super busy.

Shops? meh...I don't go to any, robbie in ftc works at a shop and can get hook ups of some sort. Kevin has hook ups in denver shop. Graham rocks the house with anything you need, and he is in FTC...he = faction bike- always try to support him.

People want vince to come back, maybe other french riders...nothing certain atm...

hope that helps

3. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Your a shithole, Co springs has the best natural riding but the urban is kinda shitty.

I think we have more cops per rider than anywhere else.
    Co springs scene =me and josh carr= dead but the two of us still ride alot.

Why do you ask?

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'd say andrew pretty much covered it, but I'd also mention "The Fix" bike shop in north boulder... they cater to trials riders more than any other shop in Boulder.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I was talking about CO springs as a city. Worst place ever.

6. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

WHy do you say that? I would say that denver sucks way more ass than here.

7. greyghost

greyghost Active Member

are you kidding?

8. evan

evan Guest

What about Georgetown? I hear there's a future world champion there.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Anyone I've ever met in colorado says co springs is the worst city. It took me a few trips to agree. IMO trashy, crappy culturally..

10. Patrick

Patrick New Member

don't forget the little corn fed mountain boys on the mods who were at Gunnison. I'm sure they'll crush me this year. And then there is Ryder, Tom, and Trialscoach USA in Durango. Team Ripstokers--the only demo team in the state as far as I know... all top level riders.

and yes, riding in Denver blows ass, but at least it's a short drive to Golden, the springs, Boulder, etc... And as Andrew said, it can be fun in other ways, besides bicycles...

11. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Springs kicks ass.Aside from Fuckus on the Family and a few too many jarheads, its not bad.Great view, great natural,BETTER WEATHER, the air never smells like cow excrement,We have an awsome red truck that fixes our bikes for free and helps support the scene like no othe rolling bike shop in FTC!! He even has Michelin 24.1 and try-all stock tires in stock. So There..

We have 1 1/2 riders

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Commerce City is where its at. :ugh2: