**ADELAIDE** ride organisation thread.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by jolz, Mar 2, 2006.

1. StuC

StuC New Member

Cool Stevie,

We are starting to get the Wednesday Crew really going. Linz,Sam, Jon, Ben, Joel (before broken bones) and myself are all coming along regularly add you to the mix and we will have 7!. Better attendance than a State round comp:momaru:

Looking forward to Wednesday. I think my ankle will be better for some light riding? who knows we'll see. If not I will see you there anyway with the Video camera!

Last chance is anyone going to the comp Tomorrow??????

2. linz

linz linz

comp was enjoyed by all it was a bit lacking in the move department
    elite move of the day "wheel base" fully hectic :)
    see yall on wed

3. linz

linz linz

next comp must have list
    1. gap's
    2. tap's
    3. roll on's
    4. side hop's

4. Mat_P

Mat_P harblicious

so you pretty much had a trackstand comp?

5. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

So when is the next ride?

I'm keen to take some photo's of trials.

I'm a road rider who after some time in Canada* would like to get into trials riding, but happy to watch and learn for now.

(* I was living near Port Moody, BC and watched/met some riders while there)

6. :B:

:B: Guest

Tonight, 6.30pm-ish near green bridge across river torrens - opposite side to adelaide uni, sms 0433 098 555 if you're around and I'll let you know where. Expecting a good turn out tonight - the Ky-all has returned.

7. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

Checked this site at 4:00pm so didn't see the message until just now.

So is that the regular meeting point and night?

8. Hüp

Hüp Guest

Yup. I need to get down to one of these rides sooner or later. I'll try and drag Tim along as well.

9. Stevie

Stevie Guest

Yeah we always ride down there on wednesday nights at 6.30. We are getting around 6-7 people coming so just have a look around the uni bridge area and you should see us.

10. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

I'm sure trials bikes would be easy to spot.
    I'll be easy to recognise with my Kona Cowan. Not many DS versions of this bike in the country. That and I'll most likely be carrying my tank of a camera.

11. HUXTER

HUXTER Guest

NEXT SA BIKETRIAL COMP:
    17th December,C.R.I.M.E. Trials, Ashley Reserve, Ashley Ave. Redwood Park.
    Flyer is up on www.monty.com.au

Should be a good day, Free BBQ, Prizes/Vouchers supplied by CRIME Cycles and the other business's at the Redwood Park Shopping Center.

Sections there: Small-Med rocks, small stone wall, pipe/sleeper maze, Logs in around and over the creek.

Afew guys are bringing some man-made obstacles, If any of you guys can bring some of your own boxes, rails or whatever that would be great. We will need enough to make at least 1 section.

Linz, if the last comp was so easy how come you dabbed??

12. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

Thanks guys for the help with the basics and giving me some good beginner advice. :bigthumb:
    I hope the flash wasn't too distracting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Don't worry, we don't tend to notice the flash unless its like directly in the eyes. Right now i'm laughing my ass off at my facial expression on that uber-small hook i STILL can't get :rofl:

14. Stevie

Stevie Guest

Linz can you bring the cranks to the ride this wednesday? It is $50 right?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  15. linz

linz linz

ill bring'em along stevie :)

16. Stevie

Stevie Guest

I can't come along next wednesday night, doing stuff with family.

17. Hüp

Hüp Guest

I may well make it down this wednesday. Linz, would that offer to have a look at the problems associated with my bike still apply? Its mainly fixed now, just that both wheels are going / when they should be going | (well, perhaps not that drastically). If you could it'd be appreciated, if not, I'll just try and ride it as is, I suppose.

18. StuC

StuC New Member

Change of Night this week only

Hi Team, Linz & I can not make it to a ride this wednesday:( and it sounds like stevie has other commitments also. So we are going riding tuesday night instead same bat time and place 6:30pm Uni Footbridge:) Hope to see everyone there then!

Hup I am sure the offer is still up to have a look at your bike we are more than happy to help out fellow riders. I fitted Stevie's new bottom bracket and cranks last week. Hup if you can come out Tuesday this week I am happy to give you a lift home.

Hope everyone can work with this time change!

Catch ya

Stu C

19. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

Fantastic. I'll be there. Couldn't make Wednesday anyway.

20. Bluedevil49

Bluedevil49 New Member

A few pics from the last State round of trials

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]