Aaron, you went through Glen Rose to get here right?

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sonic, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Im sorry this is the best pic I could find, you werent but 3 minutes from this place in Glen Rose if you were on 67 at all.

[​IMG]

It's called Big Rocks Park. Ive been there once (w/o a bike) and it was amazing. Rounded rocks everywhere. With enough runup there could be some awesome ups out there.

Next week is my Spring Break, Im going to go out there, take some photos of the area, and ride it a bit, ought to be pretty awesome. Anyway, if you come up again we ought to meet there and ride it briefly.

Or some of you metroplex mongols could actually come down and ride it sometime. :x:

2. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I'm there!!! I'm sure jeff is in too, he's a rock lovin' fool.

3. Sonic

I dont want to get use to seeing you ride anymore Seth, youre leaving us, it makes me sad. :( :p

I love Purgatory and all, but the thing about this place is if you fall youre not skewered by one of the rocks. :ugh: Nah, Id ride Purgatory all day long if I could.

4. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Purgatory is super dangerous.. I agree!

This place above looks awesome... you lucky bastards.. How is it that I'm in Colorado, and I have to drive hours for good natty?

5. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

how far is that from Dallas?

6. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

we should have hit that up while i was there! Tis some fun looking rocks.

edit: The more I look the more i love them. That is upping heaven!

7. Sonic

From Dallas, at a time when there isnt a TON of traffic, you could get to Glen Rose in an hour and a half taking highway 67 or 377 (and then 144).

Heh, it does look like heaven in the pic, the lady who took it says she used some ethereal Photoshop filters to get that look or something.

The only thing I can think of that would hold us back is a sign that says something to the affect of, "Dont do anything to damage these rocks." That's the only way I figure we could get kicked off. If we did, Dinosaur Valley State Park is in the area with decent natural, and hopefully by then I will have the hookup out at one of these quarries in Granbury and we could ride there. Anyway, like I say, Ill go hit up Big Rock Park next week, take pics, ride, and see if I get the blue on my back about it.