A Tip About Landing

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by [email protected], Oct 28, 2004.

1. my.ark.4@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Well i found this out by accident, but if you get a somewhat lose bike bell on your handle bars (get one from the dollar store for $3 and smack with a hammer if nessasary) you can actually train yourslef for smoother landings. Ever heard of the pavlov dog experiment, well if your bell rings when you hit the ground, your not hitting it smooth enough and you should absorb more of the impact. I found that this hellped me figure out is i was doing something wrong, because when you land (most of the time) the schock shouldnt transfer throughout the whole bike.

If any of the people who really know what they are talking about find something wrong with this, please tell me.

2. gttxc

gttxc New Member

if your to lazy to go the the "bell store" you could always just use your chain hitting your chain stay but a bell would prob work better being loader and such

3. digby

digby New Member

Heres a better one than the bell, slowly take the air out of your tire, and keep on doing drops till you can land smooth with no air in the front tire.

Ive never tried this before, but this is a bit more encouragement to land smoother as you'll bork your wheel if you dont.

4. GarthMc

GarthMc Active Member

But I can do it without a front tire or front wheel for that matter, maybe you mean rear tire?? That'd make more sense anyway...

5. Tanner

Tanner New Member

That would defeat the point of landing backwheel first.

6. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Landing with your front wheel not touching the ground isn't smooth, you should distribute it about 2/3 backwheel and 1/3 front wheel when you have the room to do so. That's what I have heard. In one of the TRA Echo videos he sticks a drop to rear only and you can see the frame shake considerably.