a question about stanford

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by txtrials, Apr 15, 2004.

1. txtrials

txtrials Guest

Without giving away your secret spots or whatever, I would like to get down to Stanford and do some trialsin'. However, I don't really know where I'm going yet.

Where's good, either for urban or natural? Im asking this since I really don't feel like riding a trials bike all the area to find out. However, I know that some degree of this is required, and can be half the fun.

I am going to try again to go to half moon bay this weekend to hit the rocks or something.

2. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

Well stanford is filled with ledges, stairs and interesting structures You don't really have to go looking for stuff it's all over. But there is one spot that has rocks granite rocks. I'm not entirely sure how to give directions but I'll try. so theres a main road in stanford that runds infront of hoover tower, the big church and has to round fountains on is infront of the hoover tower building and the other is in the tech area. You want to go to the fountian that is not infront of the hoover tower building. Say you are traveling there from hoover tower building so once you get there you want to go left you know you are going the right way when hit a five stair and after the five stair there is a 7 stair and then a bridge. You want to go up the five stair and 7 stair and cross the bridge and there you are.
    Wow those are horrible directions.
    I suggest you just arrange a ride with either me, jmkimmil, or andreas. We all ride stanford frequently and would be glad to ride with someone new. I hit up stanford everyweekend and wouldn't mind riding with a new face in the area.

3. txtrials

txtrials Guest

If you guys want to do a night ride during the week (cept for thursday, which is the weekly SF ride which maybe we could go to), please post here, cause I can get down to Stanford pretty quick after work. Or I can get down there this saturday or sunday if you tell me a time and meeting place.

4. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

Just wondering but what do you ride? and how long you been riding(or skill level)? Sorry I can't ride this weekend but I love going to sea otter although there is nothing for me to do there just nice to bearound soo many bikers and pros.

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i might be down for a ride on sat or sunday. let me know what day works best for yalls.

6. txtrials

txtrials Guest

Sunday would probably work best for me.

I've been riding trials for about 6-8 months and I'd consider myself an accomplished beginner. I ride a Zebdi.

7. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

schwank
    i'd consider me, steven, and jeremy (steven=ride manuals on this board, and jeremy is jmkmel or something, sorry i don't know specifically) to be around the sport level in terms of natural terrain. for street steven kicks arse
    anywho, i'd be down for a ride on sunday. gimme a call on my cell: (650) 814 0024 and we'l figure something out.
    steven, jeremy? what about you guys

8. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

i'd be down for either tomorrow (saturday) or sunday. I'd also be down to explore a bit - head out to some real natty. I could probably drive the three of us (andreas + steven) cuz i got an outback w/two racks on top - throw the mod in the back. If you (txtrials) want to meet up somewheres that you know about, i definitely wouldn't mind riding a new spot.
    jeremy

9. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

santa cruz supposedly has some sick stuff :cool: or maybe we could try and organize another ride with paul and phil etc. up in SF? im not sure, butr im definately down for some new spots! lets see, anytime after around say...1 or 2 o clock on sunday works for me

10. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

Sounds like a fun ride.I can't make it this weekend because of injury's sustained in croatia(internal bleeding is fun!). I'll tell phil about it though. maybe he'll mobilze the fremont crew.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

sounds like not too much affirmitive action is going on, whatever that means, so maybe we'll plan for next weekend?
    i have spring break this whole week so i have a lot of free time

12. txtrials

txtrials Guest

I'm going to head to Stanford around 2 pm - at the rocks behind the Evironmental Science building.

My bad for the late notice.

13. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

its a little wet out right now - not raining, so brakes will still work, but stuffs gonna be a little slick - i'll try and meet you at the rocks at 2.
    jeremy

14. txtrials

txtrials Guest

That was fun.

I should have started riding 8 years ago, not 8 months ago.

15. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

Definitly cool to meet you guys out there and ride for a bit.

-kevin (i was on the koxx)