A polish bike in the US

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by jmkimmel, Aug 8, 2004.

1. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Here are a few pics of my BT 4.0 - sorry bout the quality, but I don't have a digital camera, just a camera phone. Most parts are pretty standard, except for:

Odyssey "double traps" - cut and sharpened an old pair of triple traps
    Easton monkeylite DH bar - mmmm....carbon
    XT front disc - took forever to break in, bites well now, but makes loads of noise
    Short-ass PX stem - I'm just under 5'10" and the bike's real long.

Soon to come: drilled-out D321 front ala tart, but with smaller holes.

Attached Files:

• BT1.jpg
      BT1.jpg
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • BT2.jpg
      BT2.jpg
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
    • BT3.jpg
      BT3.jpg
      File size:
      78.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Cole

Cole New Member

You changed the front tire and stem didn't you? Does the disc work pretty well now?

3. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

yeah - i put the hot s on my xc bike, and have a minion single ply 2.35 on there now. Your suggestion about the shorter stem was spot-on - it feel a lot better. The disc has been working pretty well, actually - only a couple moves I've done in the last few weeks have left me wanting more power.

4. Cole

Cole New Member

Right on. It looks like a good setup now. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get to ride with you again before I leave (just too much to do)...but you should go ride the Tyee stuff again.

5. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Thats too bad - i'll probably ride at tyee on thursday solo then -

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I have a similar bar/stem geometry wise. I think my Koski stem is going to have its bolts snap off judging by the sounds. Did you finally adjust to the length of the bike?

7. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

yeah - I had a 110x10 stem on when I first got the bike, which made the bike feel extra long, but with this shorter stem, it makes it easier to get my weight back (which was real hard with the looong stem). I've definitely adjusted to the length - it always felt good on the rear wheel, but it took a bit to get used to just moving the bike around on two wheels. thanks again, Roman

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I lately started to put in a small kick when trying to hop the bike forward on two wheels. Seems like its much easier than lunging the whole bike forward.

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Damn,
    These bikes are popping up all over the place;)
    Just kidding, they're still few and far between. It's good to see a nice bike from a smaller company though, growing tired of seeing all of the usual bikes here and there. I'll post pics of my blinging ride as soon as it's complete!!

10. Tipsy Jock

Tipsy Jock Guest

I'd keep an eye on those bars for stress marks or cracks......

Pete