661 4x4 shinguards

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Ninja, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Ninja

Ninja New Member

Is anyone using these shinpads?
    How well are they holding up?
    Do they cover the back of the leg(it says full coverage but I can't tell from the photo on 661's site)?

2. Darren

Darren New Member

ya they are great, pretty comfortable, the back of the calve is covered by a thin layer of material and the velcro straps. The only thing is, they got hot, and when you sweat, they smell like ass. mine are a few years old and they have no rips or anything in them

3. Cole

Cole New Member

One of the least anatomically correct sets of shin / knee pads I've ever worn. Get some soccer socks and the 661 race knee / shins. They are like 10 times more comfortable.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I've had a set for just over 2 years, and they do their job great. Last summer though, I cut off the knee part of them, so I was left with just the shinpad. Much more comfortable and flexible like that. They have real good protection, and on the back too. But this makes them hot. They have stood up to lots of bashings from platform pedals, and even my crazy pedals with metal screws in them. The nylon cover has a couple of rips and gashes from the sharp screws, but no shinpad would be unharmed from my pedals. These pads are really well built.

5. Ryden

Ryden Guest

I have only tried my friends shinguards, and they were horrible. The velcro was huge and went all the way up the back so it stabbed me in the back of the knee and scratched like a mother. Are the 661s any better? Also are the lizard skins even better comfort wise?

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

The Lizard SKins are great. They wrap around the leg and cove the whole leg. They're made of wetsuit material, so even when you sweat, the shin gaurds will only smell like a faint smeel of ammonia....

They're comfy and if you wanna get wierd about it, you can have just the shin gaurds, the shingaurds with plastic or foam, or both.....So it's kinda customizeable, and they're easy to wash, and they don't shift around on you...