400mm or 420mm?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by skibumintrialsfreak, Apr 6, 2004.

1. I am going to order a new fork the planet x superlight knifen but I was wondering what the difference is between the 400mm and the 420mm sizes and does it really matter??

2. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

What matters most is what bike you are putting it on .Most bikes ,shorter is better . Some bikes with a low bottom bracket will benifit from any lift
    you can give them. Just short of lifting them into the dumster. :bigthumb:

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

taylor stick wtih the 400mm, get a few spacers under your stem and run something around 90x 15 degrees or 10 degrees....makes the woodman feel like jesus.

4. afrobot

You will have to run a ft gear of no more than 20 t or your bash ring will drag the floor....420

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

good idea afrobot

oh wait you didn't spend 4 months on a woodman, 420mm will FUCK THAT BIKE UP. I should know, it used to be mine.

6. afrobot

DH head angle ,good point.

7. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

it depends if you are a stoner or not. yes? 420 is the number for you. no? 400 is where it's at. :ugh2:
    go for shorter for more control on slow moving stuff, if you ride street go 420

8. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

420 brrrrrrroooooooo, pot and shit, whoa like mrry jane and shit.

god a hate stoners. go with the 400mm

9. afrobot

God hates those who beleive !

10. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Even with a 400mm fork and no spacers, the handlebars are soo high on a TPRO. Has a longish head tube, or at least my friends does anyway. So ya a 420 would be good if you want chopper style.