360 endo

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by manguin2001, Apr 20, 2004.

1. manguin2001

manguin2001 New Member

:eek3:

hey all. Im new to the forum wanna say you guys r doing a gr8 job :D. Im an ok rider *shakes head. I wanted some help on learning 360 endos. Is it easier doing it stationary or from a slight roll? I can do just about 180 from stationary and like 200 from a bit of a roll (probs just answered my first question) I try as hard as i can but i just cant get the spin. Has any1 got any tips at all on doing it? Apart from just keep practising?

Cheers

2. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Only gay in the village

keep your weight forward and try and follow ure turnin with ure handlebars kinda.. hard to explain!

3. Ryden

Ryden Mophead

4. dingus

dingus New Member

It feels exactly like falling on your face.

The reason you can only do 180 static is because your making you weight go to the other side of the bars (in front of you) so the back comes down there.

You want to twist up a bunch in the beginning placing your weight just behind the front wheel-as it sits before you have started- before the back even comes up. Im finding this hard to explain but as the back comes up you'll uncoil and also unweight the front a bit and the front wheel wont pivot so much as spin for a second. Your back wheel should be at its highest point when at the 180 mark. Thats when you'll feel like its face time, you probably have to bail a number of times before getting it.

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Its a lot easier with a roll and easier with brakes off a bit at the right point. Play with the brake thing a bit. You gotta keep your rear wheel high. If you feel like you are gonna flip the bars, you are almost there. You need to be super high.

High psi and a not too grippy tire and surface helps a ton too.

6. Pancho

Pancho New Member

A quick way to cheat would be to throw a hop in the middle, that's the only hope I ever haveof getting past around 200. But besides, I'm from Colorado and we'd never even try that since it's not UCI.

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Damn strait, you'd be breaking the rules.

You gots those holds still?

8. SQuiT-man

SQuiT-man New Member

What is UCI? Ive heard before what it stands for, but is it a riding style/rules or something? What kind of style is it?

9. rider

rider New Member

UCI = Union Cyclist International

Global gov. org. for all int. official bike comps. A UCI bike or style refers to adhering to the regulations set up by UCI

10. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Yes, it's both rules and a riding style. The Uci rules state that using bashguard or pedal is the same as putting your foot down, therefore a riding style which involves only using your tires has evolved. Longer bikes with extra clearance have been built to accomodate a more explosive style of riding.

People argue forever about whether no bash or bash is better, but IMO UCI style is so clean, so pure, it's the only way to ride.

OH, and I do still have those holds. Just let me know whenever, no worries.

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i was riding down the road yesterday, flipped the bars, thats all that happend.

12. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

thats not a 360 endo, thats a g-turn, which is way harder then 360 endo!

This is a 360 endo

13. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Actually I can do g turns really easy. Same with everyone here. The 360 endos are a bit of a problem to do consistantly tho.

14. Ryden

Ryden Mophead

My bad about the g-turn, I was too much of a tool to know the difference.

15. guy that does stuff

guy that does stuff New Member

haha ryden is a tool...he finally admits it lol.....im working on 180 endos right now...that vid that u posted was f'n sick