Observed Trials banner

2020 SawBike steel frame

3K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  Mark Philip Madera 
#1 ·
they just released their "Re-designed" frame kit... I am curious for it's price and hope your opinions will shed lights!

See less See more
#12 ·
I'm definitely sold on steel frames - reweldable (IFF it should ever crack). Maintains stiffness (better than Alum - cyclical loading is near unlimited). A "slight increase in weight as the payoff for durability and longevity. Weight is the insurance you pay to continue riding! It's minimal...

Suggestion when YOU DO the Build: Buy an aersol can of "Framesaver" (or similar product) and follow the directions on the can! You'll spray it "inside" of the tubing before you build-up the bike. A necessity for building a steel bike! (Cheap insuranc to keep the frame from rusting from the inside). IMO, a must with a steel frame!

Have fun! Keep riding!

#13 ·
I never really understood steel. I had an Arcade and it was ok and I loved my Ozonys Iron, but once I got another aluminum bike, they just felt heavy for no gain at all. All the time I've spent with BMX bikes, you should never pay more than $400 for a steel frame, ever. Anything more is a ripoff. Steel forks are honestly the worst. They feel heavy and dead.

#18 ·
I don’t know what a steel frame would feel like for trials riding. I think the love of steel frames is for how they feel going through a windy road at extremely high speeds- all the steel greatness comes from riding at speeds.

I do have an arcade fork on the front end of my hex.. it is way way heavier than what I’ve normally run, and I’m only now thinking of it. Alu fork w QR is way lighter than this hunk of steel w “bolt thru” axel. Perhaps I’ll put the fork on the FTW and resurrect it w discs... 20+ years of riding and that ftw was easily the greatest frame for me, felt so good at high speeds ;)

#20 ·
as if i need another project... the idea of putting a brand new fourplay fork which ive never used and my old wheel on the hex might have to happen. The FTW resurrected w arcade fork and dual disc... ut ohhhh... thats a farm bike right therr . Embrace the snappy aluminum hex pogo life, put 5 speeds on the ftw..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.