2001 Monty X LITE FS

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by Andreas, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

FS: 2001 Monty X LITE

This bike was awesome to me, but it's got to go. I'll take any reasonable offer. Spec:

x lite frame
    x lite fork
    x lite handlebars
    x lite stem
    x lite cranks
    monty bottom bracket
    x lite rear wheel
    VP pedals
    No freewheel (as of yet, i can stick on an ACS before i ship it out though)
    Monty quando front hub (no front rim. there are spokes included though)
    monty x lite skin wall tyres
    Aheadset
    Brakes? Magura HS-33. Neither are working correctly as of late though. The front needs a new olive and new housing (has a leak from that area. will cost about 5 us dollars to fix) and the rear has sticky piston (cleaning out the pistons with a squirt or two of WD 40 or other lubricant, then a rebleed should fix it up).

i think that is about it, let me know if you have any questions. if i don't get reasonable offers it'll probably just get built up and uh....not really ridden much unfortunately. this bike would be perfect for any begginner wanting to learn trials, or even a rider looking for a lighter, more competition suited bike!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  2. UNDPilot

UNDPilot Guest

can you post any pics? are there any dents in the frame? is there a rear wheel included?

[email protected]

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yes there is a rear wheel included.
    i don't have pictures of it in it's state. the only pictures i have are of the bike with different parts on it, so it doesn't really do justice with what you will be getting.

it has one very tiny dent in the underside of the downtube. usually most downtubes get dented several times, and the frames are unafected for the most part. this one is small and far away from any welds, so it will be fine.

5. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

hah, I looked at the title : "2001 Monty X LITE FS" and being the dumbass freerider I am I took it as "2001 Monty X LITE Full Suspension" and I got really excited. nothing really to add to this, I am sorry for this retarted post but I have built up a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET as all hell trail bike. I will probably post it later.

-Paul

6. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

i'm interested, get back to me. thx -dustin

7. monty_trials

monty_trials Guest

Could you send some pics, been looking for one for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]

8. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

try pming as opposed to bringing up a 2 month old thread.

9. digby

digby New Member

Ive seen this frame before he stopped riding it. Its in pretty good condtion. Andreas isnt a hooge guy or anything, so this frame hasnt been stressed to hell or beaten up too badly. I would say its a pretty safe buy, it'd be great for someone getting into trials or just wanting to try a mod out. Its not a superlong uci bike, but not everyone needs that when theyre starting out.

10. Tanner

Tanner New Member

its missing the drive side crank, and soon to be the non drive