2 quick, simple questions.

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Blackstick, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Change to Firefox from IE?

Do you think Windows Movie Maker is good enough for a beginner making trials vids, with some experience in editing, or should I go for something else?
    Would prefer free and dont mind P2P solutions, but I do have a small budget if needed.

I appreciate your time. :)

2. KyleT

KyleT Guest

YES! IE is the shittest browser on the planet! (that i know of). Firefox is way better, absolutely pwns it. As for movie maker, can't help, but the canberra guys are always making videos (from what i have seen on the site), so ask Seb or someone. I have used something called Final Cut Pro at school, but thats more for hollywood blockbusters than trials videos. I had no idea how to use it though

3. klophaus

klophaus Guest

I second firefox browser, no idea for the editing

4. Ryden

Ryden Guest

I have avant browser, because I like flashy features. I agree IE blows, but so many things in firefox piss me off. First if you don't patch it, you can't stream videos, you have to download. Then there also is no "save target as" so in situations where you need it, you have to copy and paste into IE. I prefer avant because it is more completely thought out, and you can browse using mouse clicks (stremlines browsing incredibly once you get used to it).

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

my IE works fine. what else do you need it to do? toss your salad?

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I E does suck, but Firefox is missing some features. I can't even rmember which ones, but I remember being pissed a few times when Firefox just wouldn't do some simple task. I also had tons ofd issues with different websites not working with my version of firefox. I'm sure it'll be awesome when finished being debugged, but for now I'll just deal with IE's faults. It's just much more thorough. Never tried avant though, hmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,is it worth it?

7. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

how exactly does IE suck? It has always worked for me - not real sure why I'd want to change.

8. Tanner

Tanner New Member

I can stream videos...and it always asks me where to save videos if I just click on them, so I don't even need to bother with the save target as. IE sucks, Firefox wins.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've never had a problem with IE.

movie maker is fine for the beginning, premiere and final cut are the only way to go for long term solutions. premiere 6.5 4 ever.

10. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

I use the following software

Pinnacle studio 8 (favorite, easiest to use)
    Ulead Video studio (ok, cheaper than PS8)
    Adobe Premier 6.5 (most powerful...talkin' pro grade shit here. hardest to learn though, and the most expensive)

I have also tried Windows movie maker, multiple "Dazzle" products, and a few others.
    If you are on a budget, go with pinnacle....it's sooo simple to learn to use, and cheap too.

ps. don't use windows movie maker. It'll make you sad.

ANDREW....about your avitar...do you do video production, or just bike stuff?

11. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

i use safari.

alright, g fly and andrew, i was using Imovie (super simple/basic) but just got a copy of final cut pro. WHAT THE FUCK! i have no idea where to start with that thing. are there any good books to check out? any help is appreciated.

12. [BMF]Andy

[BMF]Andy New Member

I am also curious as why some people dont like IE. Granted I am not a computer guru but IE has never left me wanting more.

13. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

There are tons of manuals floating around the internet about that program, I have taken 3 classes on it and I have only scratched the surface. once you understand how to use it, it goes as deep as you want it to. brilliant product!

-Paul

14. greyghost

greyghost Active Member

IE is satans reincarnate! get firefox fast, cause it will solve all your problems, no more popups!

15. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

my reasons for firefox:

tabbed browsing
    no popups
    no more problems with viruses, spyware, adware etc
    it seems to load the page faster
    IE crashed on me every now and then, and usually took windows with it

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I make internet movies of bicycles?

Mike- ask kevin, i don't touch the final cut shit...only premiere for me.

1. worthless
    2. never have them
    3. never had them
    4. :ugh: instant load on most stuff
    5. never for me

:dunno: ... on the macs at school IE is fucking worthless, i use firefox i think.

17. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

edit: forget it, i'm stupid

18. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Bill Gates recently said that IE only crashes when you download third party software (spyware, adware, etc).....if we knew the third party software was there, we wouldn't download it in the first place. One good reason to use Open Source Software like Firefox :)

19. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

You can stream, just don't choose "save file" choose "open file". There is no "save target as" in firefox, the option is "save link as".

Not sure if you know, but Avant isn't its own browser, it is IE modded. In fact check out task manager the next time you fire up avant, IE will run.