Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by Stock, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

I haven't bothered to learn these yet, but I am seeing more and more examples of when they could be useful. I can only get about 100 degrees around, any tips?

PS. I am talking about a 180 hop, I can't seem to get more than 75 degrees on a rear wheel pivot, any help there? Front wheel I can easily do 180+ so no problems with that.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  2. Dr Game

Dr Game Guest

180 hops arn't too hard, i learned first how to do it air at the skatepark... then i could do it flat ground... just twist and look where u want to go

3. skibum

skibum Guest

try putting more momentum into, that is how I first learned. For example do a 180 pivot around your nose and then try to do a 180 hop out of it, that way you already have the twisting momentum. After you get that work on static 180 hops.

4. norco tt

norco tt New Member

its all a madder of trusting yourself

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I learned how do do it by getting on a curb, then just kinda pedal kick and twist...look where you wanna point and that's where you'll pretty much be pointing. Being on a curb is high enough to give you some room to twist, yet, not too high so you get unconfidant at trying to spin off. Also, it's a good gauge to show how far you spun....

6. Nick Stupich

Nick Stupich New Member

are you talking about static 180s or while moving?

7. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

8. hello?

hello? Guest

if its a moving one try not to land sideways. i found its very hard on the bike and you start bending things. but i guess just give it your all. im trying to learn these too. i can do it static on my trials but im trying on my other bike to do it while moving and every time i land it twists.