Observed Trials banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as short as my old planet x mind you, but...

Got my Levelboss 1100 in July and I was loving it. Rode it with a 100x15 degree stem until switching to a 110x15 in december. Last week I switched to my friends old Levelboss 1065 (really a 1080) with that same 110mm stem. I thought I wanted a shorter frame to ease my wedge-up attempts and it does help. But damn if it doesn't feel cramped on everything else. Touch-ups and sidehops seem especially more difficult.

Granted I've only been riding on it for a little bit, but I wonder if I should even bother.

I'm 6'1" 190lbs, expert/pro level rider. My friends say the 1080 looks small on me, but that I seem more versitile on it (cause I can manual and bunnyhop it). But I go for a more UCI riding style and bunnyhops, while fun, are not a big priority for me anymore. I really just wanted the shorter frame because I want to get better at wedging up to front wheel, but if my sidehops and touch-ups suffer, then I'm gonna be mad. So far it feels awkward, like I am too hunched over the bars to get a good preload.

...trying to reassure myself by watching TRA look all cramped on his echo but still go big...anyway...

I'm going to give it a couple more rides, but I kinda just wanted to rant and see some others opinions on the proper lenght for a taller rider.

· Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I measured it tonight and it came in at 1080 (almost 1085 actually). And no way am i going to throw a 140mm stem on there. I used a 120 once on my planet x, but I'm always much happier around the 100mm mark.

As per stem height, I've only found low to help when you've got your front wheel elevated in a static maneuver. Otherwise, I've always been happier with a decent rise (i'm on a 110mm 15 degree thomson stem, no spacer, tryall bar... and a koxx forx if it matters).

Like I said, i'm gonna give it a little more time, but right now I'm still leaning towards going back to the 1100.

...unless anyone makes a 1090-1000? :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.